Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to JasonOD

to JasonOD

Re: A plan only a carrier in Sprints position would allow....

said by JasonOD :

This is less innovative and more a desperate act by sprint to stay in business. Cutting revenue on high expense wireless is like drinking saltwater to stay hydrated.

Something more financially sound carriers like ATT and Verizon would have no interest in.

AT&T and Verizon have no interest in it because their investors would never allow a competing service to be on the same lines as them, with that competing service undercutting everything the carrier has done over the last 5 years to make sure everyone has everything they dont need, and that they can fee you to death and there is nothing you can do about it.
Dissonance
join:2007-03-26
Floral Park, NY

1 recommendation

Dissonance

said by Chubbysumo:

said by JasonOD :

This is less innovative and more a desperate act by sprint to stay in business. Cutting revenue on high expense wireless is like drinking saltwater to stay hydrated.

Something more financially sound carriers like ATT and Verizon would have no interest in.

AT&T and Verizon have no interest in it because their investors would never allow a competing service to be on the same lines as them, with that competing service undercutting everything the carrier has done over the last 5 years to make sure everyone has everything they dont need, and that they can fee you to death and there is nothing you can do about it.

Both AT&T and Verizon have multiple MVNO's using their networks as well.
pabster
join:2001-12-09
Waterloo, IA

pabster

But both Ma Bell and Big Red keep their MVNOs locked down to sub-par offerings, especially on the data side...getting them lots of customers who would never pay for their expensive [contract] services otherwise.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

not really true. PagePlus is one of the most active and valuable MNVOs on the VZW network. They have a HUGE amount of customers and go through a TON of minutes. There is NO other MVNO that is offering 45.95 per month unlimited text and talk on the VZW Network; NOT even VZW is offering that.
pabster
Waterloo, IA

pabster

Hence why I said data, not voice minutes. And Verizon does offer a $50 unlimited everything (including web-for dumbphones) package.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to pabster

Premium Member

to pabster
said by pabster:

But both Ma Bell and Big Red keep their MVNOs locked down to sub-par offerings, especially on the data side...getting them lots of customers who would never pay for their expensive [contract] services otherwise.

PagePlus (which uses the Verizon network) now offers this:

-------------

Talk n Text 1200---Monthly Plan

1,200 Voice Minutes
3,000 Text/MMS Messages
100 MB Data

for $29.95/mo.

--------------

I wouldn't go directly through the company though---use a good dealer like Kitty Wireless.

-------------

Page Plus also offers a $ 55 plan with Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text/Picture Messages, 500 MB of Data.
pabster
Waterloo, IA

pabster

I'm aware of PagePlus' product offerings, including their latest price drops. Still, they are a sub-par offering compared to the contract deals - as intended. Unlimited talk and text (or essentially unlimited) is a standard plan for any carrier now. It's DATA where they stick it to you. PagePlus' overage rates beyond the package data provided are insane...

Not saying PagePlus is bad - I have a line with them in fact. My response was to the point that Verizon and the others are keeping their MVNO offerings sub-par to avoid cannibalizing their cash cow, which always has been - and remains - the postpaid customer locked in to a contract.