share rss forum feed

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
reply to andyross

Re: Say goodbye to ClearQAM

My LFA is going to object to the change *if* Comcast thinks they're going to move forward with encyrpting "must carriy" stations.

I advise everyone who objects to this to contact not only their LFA, but also their Senators and Congresscritters.

Cable subscribers don't pay for the must carry stations in only a certain delivery format. That violates the spirit and intent of the must carry rule.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
for those who aren't in the know, what is the "LFA"

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
said by Mike Wolf:

for those who aren't in the know, what is the "LFA"

An LFA is the Local Franchise Authority with control over a given area a cable operator provides service in.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
thanks.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
reply to Bink63
said by Bink63:

My LFA is going to object to the change *if* Comcast thinks they're going to move forward with encyrpting "must carriy" stations.

I advise everyone who objects to this to contact not only their LFA, but also their Senators and Congresscritters.

Cable subscribers don't pay for the must carry stations in only a certain delivery format. That violates the spirit and intent of the must carry rule.

Problem is the "LFA" in many areas are State run now, not really "local", and fewer and fewer channels are "must carry" including many national broadcast networks.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

mariod

join:2009-06-16
reply to Bink63
said by Bink63:

Please research and identify the must carry stations in your area. I think you'll be quite shocked at the answers.