how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FF4me

@rr.com

Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) Vote Delayed

From Ars Technica - December 16, 2011:

The House Judiciary Committee considering whether to send the Stop Online Piracy Act to the House floor abruptly adjourned Friday with no new vote date set—a surprise given that the bill looked certain to pass out of committee today.

The committee's chairman and chief sponsor of the legislation, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), agreed to further explore a controversial provision that lets the Attorney General order changes to core internet infrastructure in order to stop copyright infringement.

Smith said the hearing would resume at the "earliest practical day that Congress is in session." Hours later, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) tweeted that the committee would resume action Wednesday.

The abrupt halt to Friday's proceeding, which followed a marathon-long, 11-hour hearing Thursday, was based on a motion from Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah). He urged Smith to postpone the session until technical experts could be brought in to testify whether altering the internet's domain-naming system to fight websites deemed "dedicated" to infringing activity would create security risks.

Just yesterday, Smith said that was not necessary, despite a signed letter by many of the internet's core engineers saying the bill's approach was technically flawed.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
Security risk scenario:

Much money and hot air spent on intricate system for 'kill switch' on 'pirate domains'. 15 minutes after implementation, Anonymous hacks it and takes the entire .gov TLD offline.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
said by DrStrange:

Security risk scenario:

Much money and hot air spent on intricate system for 'kill switch' on 'pirate domains'. 15 minutes after implementation, Anonymous hacks it and takes the entire .gov TLD offline.

And pirates keep on trucking.

lets say it gets passed and they block The Pirate Bay in the US, TPB tweets their IP and people get around the blockade because afaik SOPA is only giving them a method to outright steal domain names without the pesky problem of seeing a judge first.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to FF4me
Congress is so determined to destroy the internet and violate our Constitutonal rights that the markup for this bill will be continued next Wednesday by the Judiciary committee. This is being done to stop the growing momentum by citizens against this nightmare bill.

»www.techdirt.com/articles/201112···12.shtml

This HORRIFIC bill is NOT really about piracy. It is ABOUT A GREAT DEAL MORE. It is in TOTAL VIOLATION of the US Constitution. Americans have been lulled to sleep regarding the real purposes of this bill and how, if passed, their lives will change to place chains upon their freedom to use the internet and surf wherever they wish and in many other ways very adversely affect fundamental freedoms and rights in the USA. We have been purposely led astray as to what this bill is really about as most Americans will not get that upset about a bill that has to do with "pirates". This is how I thought also until I got a letter, a few days ago, from my online Canadian pharmacy and went to the links they gave me and then to more sites for more information on this bill.

It will, among other things, destroy the ability of Americans to obtain prescription medication from legitimate online Canadian pharmacies. The pharmaceutical cartel is one major reason why this bill is being pushed forward so rapidly. The cartel has put a lot of pressure on Congress to pass this bill so that Americans will no longer be able to get affordable drugs from Canadian pharmacies.

This bill will allow our government to BLOCK our access to ANY website it wants to keep us from visiting. (It's far worse than what we all got upset about in Australia some time back). This bill will destroy the internet as we have known it. Until two days ago, I was like most Americans oblivious to the many ramifications of this bill if passed. Then I got a snail mail letter (along with my prescription medication (which is unavailable in the USA but available in all other nations) and which I will die without) from the Canadian pharmacy my physician and I have been working with for a couple of years now. The letter opened my eyes and scared the heck out of me.

»www.rxrights.org/your-thoughts/2···mericans
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

reply to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

And pirates keep on trucking.

lets say it gets passed and they block The Pirate Bay in the US, TPB tweets their IP and people get around the blockade because afaik SOPA is only giving them a method to outright steal domain names without the pesky problem of seeing a judge first.

Please explain to me how you expect LEGITIMATE websites that the US government does not like and decides to block citizens from visiting or from purchasing anything, to fight this. THAT IS WHAT IS SO FRIGHTENING ABOUT THIS BILL. There is no provision for a site targeted by our government to appeal the block. Search engines also cannot appeal an order from our government to block legitimate sites for searching. Credit card companies are also required to block any attempt by a credit card holder who wishes to purchase something from any site our government decides to block from honoring the purchase request even if the site was able to be online and accessed by a "roving" IP address communicated to citizens via Twitter. Twitter, under this bill, will be required to disable any account where someone tweets a new IP for a banned site and will be fined huge amounts of money or have other sanctions placed on it if it does not comply.

So, please, tell me how my legitimate, HIGHLY respected Canadian pharmacy website can survive this horrific censorship and continue to do business with hundreds of thousands of USA citizens who depend on this pharmacy for their medications? There is NO provision in the bill to differentiate between rogue, fly by night internet pharmacies with counterfeit drugs that should be shut down and legitimate Canadian, English and other pharmacies around the world that many Americans are forced to use. ALL internet pharmacies (both international and domestic) will probably be blocked to USA citizens if this bill passes. Certainly, all non domestic ones will be blocked. The Canadian pharmacies, in particular, have MANY USA senior citizens who cannot afford USA pharmaceutical drug prices and many younger citizens who are out of work, have no drug insurance, etc and must rely on the Canadian pharmacies. Can you see granny accessing a roving IP number from a Twitter tweet to get to her Canadian pharmacy to get a refill of essential life saving medicine?

And the above is just ONE EXAMPLE of what you will never again be able to access if you are in the USA especially if you wish to access a website to use a credit card for a purchase because your credit card company, under this bill, will be forced to block your ability to use the card even if you find a way somehow to access the site.

Of course, there will be attempts just like as in Australia and China to circumvent the censorship. Think what will happen having hubs crop up that promise if you visit them you can visit the whole internet like most of the rest of world can do. This will lead to security problems and and damage DNS among other things and some of the censored sites simply will go out of business like all the online pharmacies legitimate ones as well as the rogue ones.

LEARN ABOUT THIS BILL. It is FAR FAR more that an attempt by Hollywood to attack pirating of music and movies. It is a blatant attempt to enchain us FAR WORSE THAN ANY ENCHAINMENT BY THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT OF THEIR CITIZENS OR BY WHAT THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT DID AWHILE BACK.

»www.techdirt.com/articles/201112···te.shtml

»wfc2.wiredforchange.com/o/9042/p···KEY=8173

»americancensorship.org/
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
Expand your moderator at work

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to FF4me

Re: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) Vote Delayed

This bill (SOPA) is not about an online piracy, it's about creating environment for special interests to get even more money for themselves. Have you ever wonder why average health care cost here, in the US, is twice as much as in Canada? Where the money goes? Why no one can afford to buy drugs without buying health insurance? Health insurance, pharmaceutical and health care corporations created a monster, that no one can change or stop. It sucks resources from everywhere, makes US made products less competitive and forces to outsource further production from the US to other counties. With laws like this you'll not be surprised to see health care cost trippled in a while...

When we stop the obvious corruption in our government by letting some economic groups / big corporations to buy laws, explicitly benefiting them?
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

FF4me

@rr.com
reply to FF4me
Firefox Add-On Bypasses SOPA DNS Blocking:

The pending Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) continues to inspire opponents to come up with creative solutions to circumvent it.

A new anti-SOPA add-on for Firefox, titled “DeSopa,” is such a counter measure.

When installed, users can click a single button to resolve a blocked domain via foreign DNS servers, bypassing all domestic DNS blockades and allowing the user to browse the site though the bare IP-address (if supported).

SOPA: So how much does it cost to buy off America's Internet freedom? - By David Gewirtz:

I want you to remember these names: Lamar Smith, Joe Baca, Howard Berman, Marsha Blackburn, Mary Bono Mack, John Carter, Steven Chabot, John Conyers, Jim Cooper, Elton Gallegly, Robert Goodlatte, Tim Holden, Peter King, John Larson, Adam Schiff, Brad Sherman, Lee Terry, Melvin Watt, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, John Barrow, Steve Scalise, Ben Luján, Judy Chu, William Owens, Karen Bass, Ted Deutch, Ben Quayle, Tim Griffin, Dennis Ross, Alan Nunnelee, Thomas Marino, and Mark Amodei.

These congress-critters are the sponsors of the completely unacceptable Stop Online Piracy Act, otherwise known as SOPA.
If SOPA manages to pass (and the Internet is effectively gutted), these are the people to blame.

Stanford Law Review: SOPA Unconstitutional, Would Break The Internet:

The Stanford Law Review has posted a concise and informed takedown of SOPA and PROTECT-IP, the bills currently creeping their way towards votes in their respective legislative bodies.

ltsnow
Premium
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA
reply to FF4me
This is insanity and must be stopped. Please go to the various websites regarding this issue and email your congress person. It's easy and will make a difference.

Hopefully even if this ultimately passes it will be held unconstitutional, but with the Supreme Court we have now you just never know.

FF4me

@rr.com
reply to FF4me
SOPA hearing delayed, likely until early next year - December 20, 2011:

The House Judiciary Committee had planned to continue with a third day of markup hearings on SOPA on Wednesday, if the House was still in session. But the House leadership plans now to break for the holidays before Wednesday morning, a spokeswoman for the committee said.

The continued markup has been "postponed until the House is again in session," the spokeswoman said Tuesday. "At this point, we expect that to be early next year."

The Judiciary Committee held a 10-hour bill markup session last Thursday, then met again for a short time Friday before being interrupted by votes on the House floor. Representative Lamar Smith, a Texas Republican and committee chairman, had first suggested the next markup would be after the holidays, then scheduled a hearing for Wednesday if the House was still in session.

So far, the committee has voted down about 20 amendments designed to address concerns by Web-based companies, Web security experts and digital rights groups.

OZO
Premium
reply to FF4me
Firefox Add-On that bypasses SOPA DNS blocking could be a good start to stop the SOPA. But what about search engines, that will be required to censor all their data? What about blocking credit card transactions? Etc.

What's next? A legislation (under the guise to protect the Internet and/or our children), that requires to block price comparison sites (and remove any results from search engines too)? So, the users will have no chose, but pay extra price to big online merchants, benefiting from that. Today you can make a price search and see that some merchants offer the very same product for x2 or even x3 price... Only dummies purchase it for x2 price. But with the new legislation they could directly benefit from removing price comparison data from the Internet. I guess some will want to buy the legislation next time...

This madness must be stopped. Or we'll have to pay big price (literally) later...
--

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to FF4me
Ongoing happenings with SOPA | Protect IP at EFF

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT

1 recommendation

reply to FF4me
Discovered with some dismay that my Congress-critter is on the wrong side of this. I'll have to make some time to write him an e-mail explaining why he shouldn't support it.

psafux
Premium,VIP
join:2005-11-10
reply to FF4me
If this gets passed, there will be a workaround in place within hours.

OZO
Premium

2 recommendations

said by psafux:

I hope you realize that the purpose of the "act" is to criminalize it, not to stop. It's all the same as with other "patriotic" acts here. We're moving in one direction. And it looks like no one cares...
--

FF4me

@rr.com
reply to FF4me
The Comprehensive List of SOPA Supporters:

List of Supporters: H.R. 3261, the Stop Online Piracy Act

60 Plus Association
ABC
Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies (ASOP)
American Federation of Musicians (AFM)
American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA)
American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
Americans for Tax Reform
Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States
Association of American Publishers (AAP)
Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies
Association of Talent Agents (ATA)
Baker & Hostetler LLP
Beachbody, LLC
BMI
BMG Chrysalis
Building and Construction Trades Department
Capitol Records Nashville
CBS
Cengage Learning
Christian Music Trade Association
Church Music Publishers’ Association
Coalition Against Online Video Piracy (CAOVP)
Comcast/NBCUniversal
Concerned Women for America (CWA)
Congressional Fire Services Institute
Copyhype
Copyright Alliance
Coty, Inc.
Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB)
Council of State Governments
Country Music Association
Country Music Television
Covington & Burling LLP
Cowan, DeBaets, Abrahams & Sheppard LLP
Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, P.C.
Creative America
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Deluxe2
Directors Guild of America (DGA)
Disney Publishing Worldwide, Inc.
Elsevier
EMI Christian Music Group
EMI Music Publishing
ESPN
Estée Lauder Companies
Fraternal Order of Police (FOP)
Go Daddy
Gospel Music Association
Graphic Artists Guild
Hachette Book Group
HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide, Inc.
Hyperion
Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA)
International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees (IATSE)
International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition (IACC)
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
International Union of Police Associations
Irell & Manella LLP
Jenner & Block LLP
Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
Kendall Brill & Klieger LLP
Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP
L’Oreal
Lathrop & Gage LLP
Loeb & Loeb LLP
Lost Highway Records
Macmillan
Major County Sheriffs
Major League Baseball
Majority City Chiefs
Marvel Entertainment, LLC
MasterCard Worldwide
MCA Records
McGraw-Hill Education
Mercury Nashville
Minor League Baseball (MiLB)
Minority Media & Telecom Council (MMTC)
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA)
Moving Picture Technicians3
MPA – The Association of Magazine Media
National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
National Association of Prosecutor Coordinators
National Association of State Chief Information Officers
National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA)
National Center for Victims of Crime
National Crime Justice Association
National District Attorneys Association
National Domestic Preparedness Coalition
National Football League
National Governors Association, Economic Development and Commerce Committee
National League of Cities
National Narcotics Offers’ Associations’ Coalition
National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA)
National Songwriters Association
National Troopers Coalition
News Corporation
Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
Pearson Education
Penguin Group (USA), Inc.
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
Phillips Nizer, LLP
Pfizer, Inc.
Proskauer Rose LLP
Provident Music Group
Random House
Raulet Property Partners
Republic Nashville
Revlon
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
Scholastic, Inc.
Screen Actors Guild (SAG)
Shearman & Sterling LLP
Showdog Universal Music
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Sony/ATV Music Publishing
Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Nashville
State International Development Organization (SIDO)
The National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO)
The Perseus Books Groups
The United States Conference of Mayors
Tiffany & Co.
Time Warner
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)
UMG Publishing Group Nashville
United States Chamber of Commerce
United States Tennis Association
Universal Music
Universal Music Publishing Group
Viacom
Visa, Inc.
W.W. Norton & Company
Warner Music Group
Warner Music Nashville
White & Case LLP
Wolters Kluewer Health
Word Entertainment

FF4me

@rr.com
How SOPA's 'circumvention' ban could put a target on Tor:

A little-noticed section of the Stop Online Piracy Act could make it illegal to distribute Tor and other software that can "circumvent" attempts by the U.S. government to block pirate Web sites.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to psafux
said by psafux:

How will there be a workaround in hours? You see that MasterCard and Visa are on the list of supporters? How do you think I will be able ,first of all find, my Canadian pharmacy's website and, secondly, if I can find it how will I pay for my medication that keeps me alive? I won't be able to use a credit card. Besides, all internet pharmacies are going to BLOCKED if this bill passes. So, what are seniors, and others, who cannot afford exorbitant costs for prescription medication, or who take medication no longer available in this country because the FDA is trying to ban all drugs that were grandfathered in years ago without "proper", very expensive trials because they have been around for 100 years being safely taken. Now, those drugs are being banned by the FDA because they are inexpensive because they belong to the public domain.

The pharmaceutical cartels want to force all Americans to switch to SYNTHETIC drugs that they have patented and can charge large fees for. They want no competition and the FDA agrees with them. Hence, those of us on these ,that are available in every nation except the USA, have to get them from Canada. So, please explain to me what this "workaround" is so that I don't have sleepless nights worried that one day soon I will not be able to obtain my medication that I have been taking since I was a teenager simply because I live in a nation where its citizens do nothing to curtail the corrupt FDA and pharmaceutical cartels from ruining all our lives (as all of us pay very dearly for allowing these cartels to bankrupt the people of our nation).
--

FF4me

@rr.com
reply to FF4me
Anonymous will react if SOPA is passed:

The group has posted a statement in which it reiterated its attitude towards SOPA and its plans to create an internet police state.

"The goal of the so-called 'Stop Online Piracy Act' SOPA is to empower litigious U.S. corporations to police the internet, with the ability to act as judge, jury and executioner," it says.

"SOPA tramples civil rights laws, fair use, freedom of press and freedom of speech. Under SOPA an average person could be arrested, fined, sued and spend time in a federal prison for so little as uploading a video to YouTube or even linking to one. This law further proves the reality of corporate rule and totalitarianism."

The vote on SOPA has been delayed due to opposition, according to the post, and is not likely to happen until next year. However, the hacktivists suggest that it will be delayed only as long as it takes for the media to lose interest.

"In a democracy this should be enough to defeat the bill, however, in the U.S. it only means that the vote will get delayed until the media loses interest and the backing corporate lobbyists have enough time to 'influence' [read: bribe] the vote to their favour," they warn.

"However, it has been clandestinely moved forward in an attempt to fast track the law under the radar of a culture drunk on materialistic obsession - as such The House Judiciary Committee is reconvening on the 21st of December. In short, we were lied to."

Anonymous wants to spread awareness and increase opposition to SOPA while it is still up for debate, and called on fellow Anons are asked to carry out points of action, the first being to hack into and replace the front page of "every website we can" with a protest page.

"Encourage friends, businesses, organizations, social media to take a stand along side us in the same way," it says. "Use/distribute the OpBlackOut material we've provided for this purpose, or make your own (but please try to be concise and indict SOPA specifically so the message is clear, unanimous and omnipresent). Get this image and message everywhere online. Plant the seeds of dissent where ever they can grow."

As well as acting online, Anonymous said that supporters should physically protest through stickering and tagging billboards, signs and advertising.

"Get people talking. Put the truth not only where it can be seen, but where it cannot be avoided," it adds. "This is something everyone can do. We are legion, this is our voice, people are listening, we will be heard."

From Anonymous:

This oligarchy rules without democracy, consent or support; it fears us, it fears protesters, it fears the solidarity of the Occupy Movement, it fears the 99%, it fears YOU. The Federal Government currently perches on the narrow brink of collapse, lets give it a nice hard push. We simply do not need or want the future they’re trying to sell us. No government can exist that we, the people, refuse to support. It’s time to revoke that consent. It’s time to spread the message of dissent everywhere. Show those who have, and continue to, grant themselves nearly unlimited power how great the force is that rises up en masse to oppose their tyranny.

More at site.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

1 recommendation

reply to FF4me
Legacy media bankrolling campaigns of SOPA cosponsors (Sunlight Foundation)

We already had a list of the Congress critters supporting SOPA. This helps explains why, and how much it takes to get backing.

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 edit
reply to FF4me
SOPA defined

How SOPA Protect IP Breaks the Internet

Extracted from this now dated Wired Mag article.

For those that use Twitter that hashtag for SOPA is:

#SOPA

edit to add:

GoDaddy faces boycott over SOPA support

Business software alliance backpedalling

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to FF4me
I notice the SOPA supporter's list is a whos who of the entertainment groups that own shares in our government.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

FF4me

@rr.com
reply to siljaline
Victory! Boycott forces GoDaddy to drop its support for SOPA:

Under intense pressure from an Internet-wide boycott, domain registrar GoDaddy has given the open Internet an early Christmas present: it's dropping its support for the Stop Online Piracy Act. The change was announced in a statement sent to Ars Technica...

GoDaddy's embarrassing climbdown took barely 24 hours.

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Thanks for this, I was going to post GoDaddy has relented

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·AT&T Southwest

1 edit
reply to FF4me
I was directed here from this thread.

As I say over there, I fail to see the problem. I see a lot of overreactions and made up stuff around the web, including this thread.

To see my point of view, read my last post there.

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·AT&T Southwest
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Congress is so determined to destroy the internet and violate our Constitutonal rights

Which rights? What will be destroyed?
quote:
It is in TOTAL VIOLATION of the US Constitution.
Please explain which part it violates.
quote:
Americans have been lulled to sleep regarding the real purposes of this bill
You say that twice but don't say how. Please explain. Please point out where in the act it says what you think it doesn't.
quote:
It will, among other things, destroy the ability of Americans to obtain prescription medication from legitimate online Canadian pharmacies.
How so? The bill prevents sales of illegal copies of things. If the online pharmacy is selling legal drugs, not illegal knock offs, it won't affect them.
quote:
This bill will allow our government to BLOCK our access to ANY website it wants to keep us from visiting.
A blatant falsehood. You are making that up.
quote:
Then I got a snail mail letter...The letter opened my eyes and scared the heck out of me.

That very letter agrees with the principle behind SOPA but is concerned it will get grouped in with the illegal "rogue" pharmacies. So in order to protect itself, they want no protection to you from the bad guys. How does this make sense? It's like saying I'm afraid the police will arrest me for burglary so I don't want any police on the streets.

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to FF4me
I'm organizing a 1 day SOPA protest/awareness event, if anyone runs a website and wishes to participate (it means giving up one day's ad/sales revenues, as the site would be replaced with a mock takedown notice for that day) in order to raise awareness of just what the internet will look like if SOPA passes.

Anyone interested, post here and/or message me. If there's enough interest, I plan to post full details here (I've started another thread just for this event).

I've also contacted Justin to try and get him on board; I haven't heard back yet, but I don't think he's signed in since I sent the message, either.

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·AT&T Southwest
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Please explain to me how you expect LEGITIMATE websites that the US government does not like and decides to block citizens from visiting or from purchasing anything, to fight this.

The government must show that the site is trading in illegally copied material. If the site isn't do that, then what is there to fear? Amazon is not afraid of being shutdown for trading in copyright theft material. Cause they don't do that. So why should anyone else?
quote:
Twitter, under this bill, will be required to disable any account where someone tweets a new IP for a banned site and will be fined huge amounts of money or have other sanctions placed on it if it does not comply.
Again, you are making this up and nowhere in that bill does it say any such thing.
quote:
So, please, tell me how my legitimate, HIGHLY respected Canadian pharmacy website can survive this horrific censorship and continue to do business with hundreds of thousands of USA citizens who depend on this pharmacy for their medications?
Simple. Continue doing what they are doing. End of story.
quote:
There is NO provision in the bill to differentiate between rogue, fly by night internet pharmacies with counterfeit drugs that should be shut down and legitimate Canadian, English and other pharmacies
Of course there is. Legitimate sites sell legal products. Rogue sites sell illegal products. Problem solved.
quote:
ALL internet pharmacies (both international and domestic) will probably be blocked to USA citizens if this bill passes.
Everyone knows Walgreens and CVS are nothing but crooks. They'll be the first to go. Yes.

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to howardfine
said by howardfine:

said by Mele20:

This bill will allow our government to BLOCK our access to ANY website it wants to keep us from visiting.

A blatant falsehood. You are making that up.

Really? With no way for the site owner to appeal the block and no way for the public to review the content of the blocked site, what's to stop them from blocking a site for copyright infringement, even when there was none? Honesty? Our government? Right.

edit: formatting

howardfine

Saint Louis, MO
I've noted in the other thread that it's not possible to have an intelligent argument with you and now I see you don't know how the branches of government work here so that's the end of that.