spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rev I

@verizon.net

Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

so willl this release be for the general public (fios customers) or reserved for the upper tier only?

syrgeek

join:2009-06-04
Syracuse, NY

Upper Tier? If Verizon holds to practice it will be used on new installs when available. Repairs will use the older rev until supplies are depleted.

eddie111

@verizon.net

how do i reset the router? i cant get into it and I tried to reset it to no avail! I have the new revision i and they must have changed the password because the defaults dont work. I tried password, password1, serial number , etc.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:30

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »I can't login to the VZ router

Make sure you hold the reset button in until the lights go out then all flash.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

tennisman94

join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL
kudos:2
reply to rev I

If anyone wants one ASAP, they seem to have popped up on eBay
»www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2012-ACTION···1wt_1396.
Hopefully they move to general deployment eventually, unlike the REV G

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1

I'm sure anyone can pickup a nice Linksys Dual band N router for $80. I wouldn't send that much.

dagwag77
Premium
join:2011-09-05
NY, USA

Has Verizon stopped distributing G's to the 150 customers and moved on to I's? What did they improve?

Expand your moderator at work

fiosguy324

@sbcglobal.net
reply to eddie111

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

there is a label on the routers that list system password,
contains letters,numbers and maybe even symbols.

hope this helps

bigpapae35

join:2002-10-25
united state
reply to rev I

damn rev i????

I just had fios installed for my in laws last week, and they still received a rev f in long island, ny

What the heck is going on.

when will they exhaust their rev f supplies?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

Revision F is the latest residential router. Rev G is for Gigabit Internet , and Rev I is the newest

dagwag77
Premium
NY, USA

so has I been distributed yet? If they are, who is getting them, 150 customers? Have they phased out the Gs?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

Rev G's are not phased out

dagwag77
Premium
NY, USA

Ok so rev I's started going out on new installs Dec 15 only in limited areas per verizon, but he didn't know what differences there were between revs G and I.

Fireguyy

join:2006-10-01
reply to rev I

Rev.I is replacing the F and will be distributed to new installs only.

The I has a slightly different look with a red band instead of the silver and 2 antennas. It is 802.11N 2.4GHz.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Fireguyy:

Rev.I has a slightly different look with a red band instead of the silver and 2 antennas. It is 802.11N 2.4GHz.

..as opposed to the Rev. F, which is DRAFT 802.11N
--
"Not a stick, not a spliff, not even a puff."
.... The Harder They Come, with Jimmy Cliff.

sdofi

@verizon.net
reply to rev I

This is all great news. The best of both wired and wireless standards.

I just had FiOS Internet installed recently. My promo included a free rev F router.

I just got my first bill and it seems as if the router is treated as a sale rather than a monthly rental like the STBs are. I was charged $79.99 for the router and also received a 100% price discount on the router.

So does this mean that these routers can't be exchanged at the local Verizon store like the STBs can be?

I would like to be able to walk into a VZ store in a few weeks and swap my rev F for a rev I.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

said by sdofi :

So does this mean that these routers can't be exchanged at the local Verizon store like the STBs can be?

I think the FiOS stores are TV-centric when it comes to equipment.

Quick check: has anybody walked in to a FiOS store to swap out a bad router of any model?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:30

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to miataman

said by Fireguyy:

It is 802.11N 2.4GHz.

I hope you don't mean that it is 2.4Ghz only. That would be no better than the rev. F and would mean the second antenna is worthless.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

birdy

@verizon.net

That 2nd antenna isn't just sitting there to look pretty. The rev I is most likely a dual band N router. The big question is whether its single or dual radio. If single, then only one frequency available (2.4 or 5GHz). If dual radio then 2 SSID's available with one being 2.4GHz channel and other being 5GHz channel.

Grover8

@verizon.net
reply to rev I

Install was 12/11/2011 so whoever said Verizon is deploying Rev I after Dec 15th may be correct. I only got Rev G. I asked the tech if there are any more at the warehouse he said plenty. I asked him about Rev I, he didn't know. When I get my "new" 150/65 I'll see that I get the Rev I if not then I'll settle for another Rev G. Give to my friend I guess.

Left ONT is a new one for 150/65 | Right side/pic is circa 2009 ONT not sure which model number 612?

TazExprez

join:2002-04-27
Yonkers, NY

Grover8, my install is this Wednesday, 12/28/11. I wonder if I will get a MI424WR Rev. I. I responded to the confirmation email, once again, to ask for this router in the special instructions section. Hopefully I can get it.

Expand your moderator at work

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3
reply to TazExprez

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

said by TazExprez:

Grover8, my install is this Wednesday, 12/28/11. I wonder if I will get a MI424WR Rev. I. I responded to the confirmation email, once again, to ask for this router in the special instructions section. Hopefully I can get it.

Sorry, you'll get whatever the tech has on him. That depends on what is in stock in the garage.
--
“My horse fights with me and fasts with me because if he is to carry me into battle, he must know my heart and I must know his or we shall never become brothers.
-Plenty Coups, Chief of the Crow”

Grover8

@acedsl.com
reply to TazExprez

Keep us updated. Tell us which REV you get and how was the experience and do you like the speed?

tedhersh3

join:2000-03-20
Dundalk, MD
reply to rev I

I am the one who bought the rev i off ebay. I can confirm that it is only 2.4 GHz. It only has one ssid and i have inSSIDer to prove this. InSSIDer has the max rate at 130(n) on the 2.4 GHz. channel.
Nothing shows up on 5 GHz. channel. I just got it today.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

said by tedhersh3:

I am the one who bought the rev i off ebay.

Is the firmware Verizon-branded? Curios. What version number?

Grover8

@acedsl.com
reply to rev I

So is the Rev G 5 ghz? How do i check?

tedhersh3

join:2000-03-20
Dundalk, MD

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to birdfeedr

Click for full size

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

Did you have any problems getting it online?