uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kujo__

join:2002-07-18
reply to Soiduts

Re: IPv6 beta

said by Soiduts:

said by TSI Gabe:

It has been extended. I just haven't given the announcement yet.

You can ask for it in the direct forum and you'd be the first customer to give it a try

said by SimplePanda:

teksavvy.com: standard accounts.
wiredhighspeed.com: MLPPP accounts. (with IPv6)
hsiservice.net: IPv6 beta accounts. (No longer seems to support IPv6+MLPPP)

said by Kujo__:

Anybody having issues getting an ipv6 IP with the Tomato ipv6 firmware in this thread?

For the life of me, I can no longer get an IP, even following the steps I posted on page 10.

I had the same issue. I noticed that I was no longer getting IPv6 addresses with my hsiservice.net account with MLPPP enabled. Changing it to standard PPP and I was able to get dual stack again but was affected by throttling on IPv4.

If your paying for MLPPP, post in the direct board for a wiredhighspeed.com address. That resolved my issue of using MLPPP and IPv6. I did get new IP ranges so you might have to change your settings.

I did post in the direct forums. The rep that replied to my post gave me new Ipv6 ranges for my @copperdsl.ca login, which supposedly is now both MLPP and IPv6.

So you're saying I should have gotten a @wiredhighspeed.com login account?

Soiduts

join:2002-04-02
Ontario
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Kujo__:

I did post in the direct forums. The rep that replied to my post gave me new Ipv6 ranges for my @copperdsl.ca login, which supposedly is now both MLPP and IPv6.

So you're saying I should have gotten a @wiredhighspeed.com login account?

That seemed to do the job for me as I was no longer able to get IPv6 addresses using MLPPP+IPv6 with the @hsiservice.net login.

Teksavvy hasn't made an official announcement yet on what they are planning to do with IPv6 other than the one post I saw there by TSI Gabe. Personally, I really like having native dual stack as its a nice feature for Teksavvy. I'm looking forward to see what they are planning for 2012.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Kujo__
said by Kujo__:

@copperdsl.ca login

What is the copperdsl.ca login realm for? hsiservice.net had IPv6 + MLPPP but no static IPv4 addies. IPv6 support was added to wiredhighspeed.com which was the MLPPP realm and would also net you the static IPs or did they screw that up? Honestly this is getting ridiculous keeping track of what is going on with how poorly TSI communicates with their customers.

Soiduts

join:2002-04-02
Ontario
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
·TekSavvy DSL
said by 34764170:

What is the copperdsl.ca login realm for?

I had one of the @copperdsl.ca logins when I was with Sympatico and Teksavvy was offering the $10/month DSL logins.

PaulieG

join:2009-05-11
said by Soiduts:

said by 34764170:

What is the copperdsl.ca login realm for?

I had one of the @copperdsl.ca logins when I was with Sympatico and Teksavvy was offering the $10/month DSL logins.

My folks have @copperdsl.ca login. They have 5/800 DSL Unlimited, static/MLPPP.
I have 5/800 DSL Premium, static/MLPPP with @wiredhighspeed.

Etobicoke, ON
said by PaulieG:

My folks have @copperdsl.ca login. They have 5/800 DSL Unlimited, static/MLPPP.
I have 5/800 DSL Premium, static/MLPPP with @wiredhighspeed.

Ya. Searching around it seems copperdsl.ca along with dslinternet.ca were used long long ago back when there used to be a split between premium/unlimited and they haven't moved users over to the current realms.

Kujo__

1 edit
Interesting. I honestly never heard about @wiredhighspeed login until reading this thread over the last few days.

I've put in a request in the direct support forum to get an @wiredhighspeed login. We'll see what happens.

It would have been nice if they informed us about this. I'm also a little baffled as to how the tech didn't know that I needed the @wiredhighspeed in the first place.

Etobicoke, ON
said by Kujo__:

Interesting. I honestly never heard about @wiredhighspeed login until reading this thread over the last few days.

Ya. I've been around with TSI for around 4 years and I had never heard of the copperdsl.ca or dslinternet.ca realms.

Kujo__

Yeah, anyway, I'm all fixed now. Thanks for you help.