spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dgh

@verizon.net

[HDTV] I think my converter box has DIED!

It isn't my television because I can watch a dvd. The remote is turning the converter box on but not off and is not changing any channels. the screen is mostly black and has a rolling line of two of three some diagonally. there is no sound. The loud static one gets when one turns on the tv with the converter off is not present when the box is on.
Do I need a new box??

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

If you already tried a complete rescan for channels and you have the same no picture result, yes your converter box is dead. Some online and physical stores are still selling them. »www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Digital-T···17011350 or »www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc···xes&sku= or »www.channelmastertv.com/ »www.channelmasterstore.com/v/vsp···heet.pdf »www.channelmasterstore.com/Digit···s/37.htm Or you can purchase a new/refurbished/used HDTV with an ATSC tuner. AVSFORUM.COM at »www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre···=1183648 or »www.avsforum.com has forums that deal with available converter boxes.

dgh

@verizon.net

Thank you. we bought a new tv last night. bit the bullet. my old tv lasted 5 years... for me, I wasnt the first owner. i bought it at salvation army for $20.00. I'll bet this new one doesnt last that long or there will be some annoying change in tech to force a purchase. Its like a tax by China.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
reply to dgh

There should be no change in ATSC required technology until after 2030.