spc
Search similar:

uniqs

nonamesleft
join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

Warning if you dump att service

I have been getting calls like crazy from them trying to get me back. Sometimes 2 days in a row. They just don't get it. There dsl service stinks, the landline service cost creeps up little by little every month it seems. They break the law and then pay off scummy law makers to get the law changed and get immunity. Oh yes lets not forget the fine print waiving your rights where you will lose in arbitration.

Not sure if this is the best place to post, move it if necessary

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

There's a rants forum.

I've been holding my nose and renewing for years now, because they constantly undercut Time Warner pricing for comparable service.

But POTS has become a farce. Cadillac pricing, Honda reliability, Yugo features. They are practically begging people to dump POTS. I am guessing that as soon as practical they want to decommission switches and serve the holdouts with wire-center-based SLCs or, maybe they have a POTS card for VRADs.

nonamesleft
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

2 calls today, missed the earlier one. The 2 call blew my mind, tryed to get me to sign up for internet and phone and this $100 cash garbage, I toldem the lines are bad, then he tryed to sell that line maintenance thing! So I mentioned the telcom immunity from this topic »Court OKs Immunity For Domestic Telco Spying [62] comments

When that was mentioned he didnt want to get anywhere near that one! So now I put callcentric to work and if att spam-marketers want to say anything they can say it in the voice mail.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

its not really spam if you did business with them in the last 2 yeas. They can call you all they want. And its a bitch to get off their calling list without sending them letter after letter or knowing who to call in Texas.

justbits
DSL is dead. Long live DSL!
Premium Member
join:2003-01-08
Chicago, IL

justbits

Premium Member

You no longer have any AT&T services? If so, they are required to handle "Do not call" list requests.
Get a call back number. Ask nicely for them to put you no their "Do not call" list. If you have to call back, tell them that they are being a nuisance and that you want to be on the company's "Do Not Call" list. Make sure that they confirm in some way that they have put you on their "Do Not Call" list. Most marketing agencies have an immediate method for making sure they don't call you again. If they do, you can sue them for each time they violate your request. If they keep doing it, keep a log of dates/times, phone#s and any answering machine message content. It's usually not worth it to sue unless they happen to call several times. Again, this would likely work best if you have no current business relationship with AT&T.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

just report them to the FTC, there is a link on the donotcall.gov site to.

rob3523
@eastlink.ca

rob3523 to justbits

Anon

to justbits
there is a 12 month period after closing an acct, so business relationship or not, makes no difference

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by rob3523 :

there is a 12 month period after closing an acct, so business relationship or not, makes no difference

actually, its 18 months »www.donotcall.gov/faq/fa ··· ess.aspx unless the consumer requests to be placed on the companies do not call list.
What about an established business relationship?

A telemarketer or seller may call a consumer with whom it has an established business relationship for up to 18 months after the consumer's last purchase, delivery, or payment - even if the consumer's number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. In addition, a company may call a consumer for up to three months after the consumer makes an inquiry or submits an application to the company. And if a consumer has given a company written permission, the company may call even if the consumer's number is on the National Do Not Call Registry.

One caveat: if a consumer asks a company not to call, the company may not call, even if there is an established business relationship. Indeed, a company may not call a consumer - regardless of whether the consumer's number is on the registry - if the consumer has asked to be put on the company's own do not call list.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by thedragonmas:

One caveat: if a consumer asks a company not to call, the company may not call, even if there is an established business relationship. Indeed, a company may not call a consumer - regardless of whether the consumer's number is on the registry - if the consumer has asked to be put on the company's own do not call list.

AT&T seems to not give a crap. I dumped them over 10 years ago, I'm on the DNC, and yet they continue to call me a few times a year to sign up with them for cell service. Telling them to stop calling has done nothing. Nor has filing complaints with the FTC stopped them. They're almost as bad as "_______ (perky-sounding gal) from Card Services."

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to nonamesleft

Premium Member

to nonamesleft
Tell them to give you a call when they get TRUE FTTH!

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to nonamesleft

Premium Member

to nonamesleft
You should get a GoogleVoice number and give that out to the general public and businesses instead of your actual number. With that, you can automatically send unwanted callers to voicemail, the spam folder, or even short-circuit them with a "The number you have dialed is not in service" announcement. If you set it to "require unknown callers to say their name" it's even easier to weed-out junk calls.

nonamesleft
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

said by DC DSL:

You should get a GoogleVoice number and give that out to the general public and businesses instead of your actual number. With that, you can automatically send unwanted callers to voicemail, the spam folder, or even short-circuit them with a "The number you have dialed is not in service" announcement. If you set it to "require unknown callers to say their name" it's even easier to weed-out junk calls.

That's where callcentric comes in. I did just that, and used the direct call to number disconnected. I haven't seen any more calls in the logs since they hit the number disconnect error
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to ArgMeMatey

to ArgMeMatey

quote:
They are practically begging people to dump POTS.
Yeah cause its the hardest to maintain BUT IS (AND ALWAYS WAS) THE BEST YOU CAN GET!

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to nonamesleft

Premium Member

to nonamesleft

Re: Warning if you dump att service

said by nonamesleft:

That's where callcentric comes in. I did just that, and used the direct call to number disconnected. I haven't seen any more calls in the logs since they hit the number disconnect error

Unless something has changed at cc, it is not free like GV. Alternatively, use IPKall and localphone for a free soft voip number and just don't run the softphone unless you feel like it...you just have to complete a call to the number every 30 days otherwise you lose it.

Reno7
Premium Member
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX

Reno7 to nonamesleft

Premium Member

to nonamesleft

I think anyone will have this same problem with any major company. It's not like att is the only one doing it.

nonamesleft
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

said by DC DSL:

said by nonamesleft:

Unless something has changed at cc, it is not free like GV. Alternatively, use IPKall and localphone for a free soft voip number and just don't run the softphone unless you feel like it...you just have to complete a call to the number every 30 days otherwise you lose it.

I don't really trust google, I believe the google head was at bilderberg group meet up in switzerland last year and tryed to censor videos of it on youtube.
said by Reno7:

I think anyone will have this same problem with any major company. It's not like att is the only one doing it.

I have not had any other company calling 2 times a day. I have never had a problem with a major company harassing me like that.
56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned) to nonamesleft

to nonamesleft
I'm having a similar problem with DirecTV and email. The dopes just won't let go...

nonamesleft
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

I had a 20 day break from att, up until now. They got through with a slightly different number! ( That one is blocked now too ) They offered $100 to go with them, my counter offer was 100,000 to agree to go back with them, but the joke would be on them because I would move to a different city. Anytime I can get these guys to go off script is a good day.
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus to nonamesleft

Premium Member

to nonamesleft
ugh, glad I read this. I also recall them pestering my poor dad for months on end, relentlessly BEGGING him to come back.

Perhaps before I cancel I'll punch in some other number on the acct.

Moving again at some point in the near future, and not likely keeping DSL when that happens. Only reason I did it in the 1st place was a decent 12 month promo deal.