spc
uniqs

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to JohnInSJ

Premium Member

to JohnInSJ

Re: ending unlimited data is tied to sms?

said by JohnInSJ:

This is capitalism. We love it, remember?

This is corporatism. Incumbent telecom's are one of the largest lobbyists of government. They also receive large sums of government cash (USF is a HUGE one )

And just as corporatism would suggest, we are stuck with few options that look remarkably similar.

To suggest its capitalism is just plain false.

As somebody who has been in Asia the fact that Americans pay hyper inflated rates is readily obvious.

Unlimited cellular coverage in Vietnam costs about 9 USD, and in South Korea it was about 20 bucks with unlimited calling, text, mobile TV, and a 10 gigabyte data allowance.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

Exactly. Which is why I am considering dumping Sprint and Verizon and going straight to Walmart. It is impossible to reason with these companies. Take Sprint for instance. I'm losing my vision and the phone I have is inadequate. Not only can I not change up, if I drop them as a carrier I can't switch back to Sprint for a year. Verizon and AT&T are worse. The corporate greed is driving customers elsewhere for no contract service like TracPhones, and Walmart that works across the US with no hassle, and unlimited data for $45.