spc
Search similar:

uniqs

andrew
@teksavvy.com

andrew

Anon

Bell or Savvy

After being frustrated from Bell's internet, I finally switched to TekSavvy. Well, it is disappointing too. As with bell, I always got disconnected around 9am and 5 pm every day, the rest of time my internet was on and off, on and off constantly. Now I am using TekSavvy for a week. At first, it always shows "Error 651" when I tried to connect the internet. So I called TekSavvy, they said it is because I am using Window 7, I need to buy a router to log in differently or I need to turn off and on my modem. I haven 't bought a router yet, so I turn my modem off and on when it shows error. However that is not the biggest problem. The last few days, remind you so far I am only using TekSavvy for a week, the internet signal is on and off all the time, so I called tech support again. They said I shouldn't use split on the phone line, I need to use another phone jack for home phone. So I use one jack only for internet, one jack only for home phone. Here comes the problem. After I did that. the internet has no signal at all. So I disconnect my phone line, then the internet came back on. Is that a coincidence? I tried to connect the phone, then the internet disconnect again. I did this connecting, disconnecting... again and again. The internet off and on again and again. I don't think that is coincidence. So I called the TekSavvy tech support, they said they saw the problem, but... they didn't tell me how to fix it. However, the signal was back on and my phone line was connected. But this only last one day. The next day, I still have to disconnect my phone line so I can get internet connected. Right now, I am typing this post with my phone line disconnected or I couldn't be able to get online. This is a nightmare and I think this is worse than Bell. After one month, I think I will switch to other company or even back to Bell.
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member
join:2008-07-31

JonyBelGeul

Premium Member

Methinks you should install a DSL filter:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSL_filter
"Typical installation for an existing home involves installing DSL filters on every telephone, fax machine, voice band modem, and other voiceband device in the home, leaving the DSL modem as the only unfiltered device."
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

Considering that the OP was with Bell for internet, I am quite puzzled about how he could have gotten along without DSL filters on his phones... but DSL dropping when connecting or using the phone does seem like a missing, bad or incorrectly wired filter problem.
cah51o8
join:2006-09-20
Canada

cah51o8 to andrew

to andrew
I'd say that if you have connection problems with bell, it is not the best option to switch to TSI, because they use the same phone lines, and all hardware related issues must still go through bell.
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario

bjlockie to andrew

to andrew
Here's what I had:

phone jack ->
2way splitter ->
-> DSL filter -> phone
-> DSL modem

andrew
@teksavvy.com

andrew

Anon

Thanks for the replies. I do have filter. My home phone, the only one home phone has the filter. I remember when I had the 2way splitter, it was more steady than right now using different jacks. But I think I need to get a better quality splitter, not a cheap one that Bell gave to me. Or I need a better DSL filter too, as the one was from Bell and it was more than 6 years old. Bell sent me 4 filters, but 2 already out of order.
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

bjlockie

said by andrew :

Thanks for the replies. I do have filter. My home phone, the only one home phone has the filter. I remember when I had the 2way splitter, it was more steady than right now using different jacks. But I think I need to get a better quality splitter, not a cheap one that Bell gave to me. Or I need a better DSL filter too, as the one was from Bell and it was more than 6 years old. Bell sent me 4 filters, but 2 already out of order.

I remember I tried 2 splitters.
I would guess at the filter.
You can buy one at a computer store for $5.
Expand your moderator at work

andrew
@teksavvy.com

andrew to bjlockie

Anon

to bjlockie

Re: Bell or Savvy

Finally, I got a new DSL filter. Now I don't need to unplug my home phone anymore, I got the internet steadily and smoothly. Thanks for all the guys who replied and helped me.
andrew

andrew to cah51o8

Anon

to cah51o8
I think you are right.... as now the internet is still disconnect around 5pm everyday and Sunday on and off the whole day as the time when I was with Bell. Now even worse, when I turn on the cam, the internet disconnect right away. I already did everything I can do, changed the new DSL filter, new splitters. This is really pathetic.