share rss forum feed

liht
Acryllicht

join:2000-07-11
Paradise Valley, AZ
Reviews:
·flowroute

Portable video player with output

I'm looking for a small portable video player, it does not have to be fancy. I'm not looking for portable DVD, but something along the lines of a jukebox or something with a hard drive that can play various videos in avi/mp4/m4v format, that also has composite video output.

See, I have this dual DVD unit for my truck, one screen accepts input, and I would love to hook up some sort of media player to it where I could select "Gumby's big adventure" and play that for a while then throw on spongebob when the kids scream for it without having to swap dvd's.

Having it able to charge in a car (with a standard mini or micro usb) would be a plus.

Wifi would be awesome.

Maybe android based?

Probably looking in the $100-$150 range.

The Archos 32 caught my eye.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
--
werd

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
what about a used ps2? ive seen lots of ppl put these in their cars, it has composite output, and ive seen them play all kinds of mp4, avi etc files,
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

liht
Acryllicht

join:2000-07-11
Paradise Valley, AZ
Reviews:
·flowroute
Thats a good idea. It would probably fit under the seats. Only issue is that we would have to be back there to control it to start/stop video. Kid is only about 3 and not quite able to control a PS2....but still a good idea.

I just found out my old Touch Pro 2 has video out ability, but just needs the cable (around $15 online). If I can get it to play the files I need, I might just throw a big micro sd card in it and use that!
--
werd