liht
Acryllicht
join:2000-07-11
Tucson, AZ
Asus RT-AC68
ARRIS CM8200

liht

Portable video player with output

I'm looking for a small portable video player, it does not have to be fancy. I'm not looking for portable DVD, but something along the lines of a jukebox or something with a hard drive that can play various videos in avi/mp4/m4v format, that also has composite video output.

See, I have this dual DVD unit for my truck, one screen accepts input, and I would love to hook up some sort of media player to it where I could select "Gumby's big adventure" and play that for a while then throw on spongebob when the kids scream for it without having to swap dvd's.

Having it able to charge in a car (with a standard mini or micro usb) would be a plus.

Wifi would be awesome.

Maybe android based?

Probably looking in the $100-$150 range.

The Archos 32 caught my eye.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

what about a used ps2? ive seen lots of ppl put these in their cars, it has composite output, and ive seen them play all kinds of mp4, avi etc files,

liht
Acryllicht
join:2000-07-11
Tucson, AZ
Asus RT-AC68
ARRIS CM8200

liht

Thats a good idea. It would probably fit under the seats. Only issue is that we would have to be back there to control it to start/stop video. Kid is only about 3 and not quite able to control a PS2....but still a good idea.

I just found out my old Touch Pro 2 has video out ability, but just needs the cable (around $15 online). If I can get it to play the files I need, I might just throw a big micro sd card in it and use that!