Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

floridafuzz
Premium
join:2008-02-23
Hope, RI
reply to joe01880

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

joe01880- thank you very much for explaining it in more detail. I had my 7100 p1's and 7232 set on the default of 1080i and the picture quality was fine. I just got 1.9 and tried native pass through and I don't know if it is my imagination, but the picture quality looks even better. my tv's are all HD. I tweaked my panny plasma with settings I found posted on avsforums. Did the pro calibration make a big difference and do you feel it was worth the investment?

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

1 edit
said by floridafuzz:

joe01880- thank you very much for explaining it in more detail. I had my 7100 p1's and 7232 set on the default of 1080i and the picture quality was fine. I just got 1.9 and tried native pass through and I don't know if it is my imagination, but the picture quality looks even better. my tv's are all HD. I tweaked my panny plasma with settings I found posted on avsforums. Did the pro calibration make a big difference and do you feel it was worth the investment?

Im not one to say yes..go out and get your TV pro calibrated..its a lot of money and im not gonna spend your money..as much as i am able and would like to

Becareful who you hire to calibrate your TV if you go that route, there are good ones and bad ones..research them first.
CNET is another good source for TV settings. In the end its all about what you like best. An important thing is to give your eye and brain time to adjust to what ever setting you use.