All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

United States Gross National Product 2010

Can anyone reading this newsletter provide the Gross National Product for the US in dollars for 2010. The total revenue generated by the Movie Industry in 2010 and the Music Industry in 2010, in dollars. Then we can calculate what these two industries contributed to the Gross National Product. If the percentage is small then one must ask why lawmakers are attempting to pass laws for special interest groups that do not contribute significant revenue to the GNP. Maybe it has to do with campaign contributions to lawmakers.

whataname
@iauq.com

whataname

Anon

said by Mr Matt:

Can anyone reading this newsletter provide the Gross National Product for the US in dollars for 2010. The total revenue generated by the Movie Industry in 2010 and the Music Industry in 2010, in dollars. Then we can calculate what these two industries contributed to the Gross National Product. If the percentage is small then one must ask why lawmakers are attempting to pass laws for special interest groups that do not contribute significant revenue to the GNP. Maybe it has to do with campaign contributions to lawmakers.

I appreciate your intention, but this just gives them ammo. They represent a significant portion of our GNP - Our country is heavily invested in the entertainment sector and a great deal of our GNP is entertainment industry based.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by whataname :

I appreciate your intention, but this just gives them ammo. They represent a significant portion of our GNP - Our country is heavily invested in the entertainment sector and a great deal of our GNP is entertainment industry based.

And the bill isn't just movies and music. It is also the drug industry, book publishers(paper & online), banking, perfume companies, MLB, NFL, NHL, Tennis Assoc, etc, etc.
»www.politicolnews.com/li ··· 14-2012/

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

said by whataname :

And the bill isn't just movies and music. It is also the drug industry, book publishers(paper & online), banking, perfume companies, MLB, NFL, NHL, Tennis Assoc, etc, etc.
»www.politicolnews.com/li ··· 14-2012/

So SOPA's support base is largely made up of those likely to be threatened by market changing innovations.

Got it.

NV

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
ThrowDemsOut, is your signature just for satire?

Its clear your actually a pro big government nanny state interventionist.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

I like small government. But I am also patriotic and want a military that can defend our country - even if it costs more than I like. I hate thieves(and copyright infringers) and want them prosecuted - even if it isn't always cost effective. I'd like healthcare to be cheaper, but not at the expense of the gov't calling all the shots on whether I get to live or die in a cost effective manner. I want illegal immigrants found and deported and I want those who knowingly hire them jailed, even though it would be government that has to perform that function at a cost. Etc, etc, etc. In other words, attempts to pigeonhole a group you don't like should not resort to the poor tactics of picking 1 item of something they support and then using that as some std of purity to measure every one of their goals. The world is not black and white, it is gray.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

said by DataRiker:

I hate thieves(and copyright infringers) and want them prosecuted - even if it isn't always cost effective.

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say you hate non-wealthy, non-powerful thieves and copyright infringers and want them prosecuted.

NV

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Noah Vail:

said by FFH5:

said by DataRiker:

I hate thieves(and copyright infringers) and want them prosecuted - even if it isn't always cost effective.

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say you hate non-wealthy, non-powerful thieves and copyright infringers and want them prosecuted.

NV

No that wouldn't be accurate.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

No that wouldn't be accurate.

Try this then.

You give every indication that your hatred of thieves and thieves and copyright infringers is limited to the non-wealthy and non-powerful.
It is only that group of thieves and copyright infringers for whom you consistently advocate prosecution.

That's were all the evidence I've seen leads. If I've missed posts to the contrary, I'd love to read them.

NV