nickyboy4
join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY

nickyboy4 to DaveR5

to DaveR5

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

said by DaveR5:

said by joe01880:

I had tried setting the 7232 to pass signals untouched by processing by the FiOS DVR, honestly the only difference i saw was those my TV was making when switching to accomadate that setting. A lag of video and audio for a few seconds as the TV does internal switching. I dont like it so i leave the FiOS 7232 set to send everything as 1080i, the 1080p conversion my TV makes is seemless.

Whether you see a difference is dependent on the TV. In any case it will be subtle.

For me, native has improved the PQ on 720p and SD channels. My Panasonic Plasma TV does a better job upconverting these signals to its native 1080p than the Motorola box. I accept the lag as a tradeoff. I doubt many people would be able to tell the difference in PQ but I can.

I also have a Pany plasma and cant stand the lag as I filp around alot, neither can my wife. To be honest I cant see a difference anyway. I looked forward to having native pass thru but no big deal.

jd9785
@verizon.net

jd9785

Anon

I have to say I like the upgrade and have not really seen any bugs. The only problem I have is the white letters on the blue screen are almost impossible to read when watching my home TV on the road via a Slingbox and that is not really Verizon's fault.

I assume it's just the widescreen guide being degraded as it's sent over the internet and the low to moderate bit-rate I get for the connection on my work computer.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to nickyboy4

to nickyboy4
said by nickyboy4:

said by DaveR5:

said by joe01880:

I had tried setting the 7232 to pass signals untouched by processing by the FiOS DVR, honestly the only difference i saw was those my TV was making when switching to accomadate that setting. A lag of video and audio for a few seconds as the TV does internal switching. I dont like it so i leave the FiOS 7232 set to send everything as 1080i, the 1080p conversion my TV makes is seemless.

Whether you see a difference is dependent on the TV. In any case it will be subtle.

For me, native has improved the PQ on 720p and SD channels. My Panasonic Plasma TV does a better job upconverting these signals to its native 1080p than the Motorola box. I accept the lag as a tradeoff. I doubt many people would be able to tell the difference in PQ but I can.

I also have a Pany plasma and cant stand the lag as I filp around alot, neither can my wife. To be honest I cant see a difference anyway. I looked forward to having native pass thru but no big deal.

Your should only see a second of two delay, and only if the new channel is using a different mode. Unless your are compulsive channel changer that is not a big deal. The difference in quality for the 720P channels is worth it on my 1080p Samsung's

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

1 edit

joe01880

said by tnsprin:

Your should only see a second of two delay, and only if the new channel is using a different mode. Unless your are compulsive channel changer that is not a big deal. The difference in quality for the 720P channels is worth it on my 1080p Samsung's

I have a Sony NX 810 TV, not best thing on the market last year but not shabby either. and yes, the delay is only a second or 2 but a second or two to much for my tastes. I flip channels, espcially if the wife is out. The PQ is so good on both my 7232 and Premiere TiVo being set to 1080i i can live with it and honestly i see no difference with either box set to native pass through