PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to miataman

to miataman

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

said by miataman:

said by UnnDunn:

Because, for some insane reason, Verizon decided to make FiOS VOD work like the VOD on every other cable system in the country, which is limited to 2x speed.

..Which most likely is favored by the content providers, unless, of course, they are able to stop "FF" altogether.

I don't think it's "favored" by the content providers -- it's REQUIRED by them.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by miataman:

..Which most likely is favored by the content providers, unless, of course, they are able to stop "FF" altogether.

said by PJL:

I don't think it's "favored" by the content providers -- it's REQUIRED by them.

most VOD has no commercials so FF/RW really should have no impact on the content provided...I usually watch most of my content through recorded programs so when I was FF something the other night on VOD I forgot just how slow it was

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by TitusTroy:

most VOD has no commercials so FF/RW really should have no impact on the content provided...I usually watch most of my content through recorded programs so when I was FF something the other night on VOD I forgot just how slow it was

They may be "light" on commercials, but they heavily cross-promote their other shows.

keyboards
join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

keyboards to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

And if you want to use FOX VOD (for their broadcast shows) they actually show them with ALL the original commercials and they have FF disabled - what a PITA.