mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to pa prowler

Re: Optimum App for Laptop

Click for full size
I just got an e-mail (see attached) telling me the Optimum app for laptop is now available. So it must be out for everyone.

Tursiops_G
Technoid
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-06
Norwalk, CT
kudos:1

No-Go in Norwalk, CT.

Installed just fine on an Acer Aspire One Netbook (1.6GHz Atom),
but fails for the "Account Not Enabled" check.

-Tursiops_G.
--
If You're Unsure, "RTFM"... If You're SURE, "RTFM" Anyway.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

Wonder if it is a NJ thing? Very odd. I'd think if they have it available for one area, they'd have it available for all areas. The Optimum iPAd app was available for everyone at the same time and I'd think the infrastructure would be the same.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
reply to mbernste

It's not out for everyone. I did not get any email from them, there's no mention on their homepage, and trying to sign in to the app gives a 'your account is not enabled...' error.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

So it appears that the plot thickens. I have 2 id's at Optimum that I never use. I checked the email for them, and found out that both of them did get an invitation from Optimum for the laptop app. But they both get the 'your account is not enabled for Optimum app for laptop', in spite of having received the invitation. The invitations were sent on 1/16/12. My active account never received an invitation.

Tursiops_G
Technoid
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-06
Norwalk, CT
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Tursiops_G

Update:
Norwalk, CT is now on-line...

Installed the Latest version (1/26/2012) on my Netbook (Acer Aspire One ZG5), and it logged in successfully.

Had to change the screen res. to 1024x768 and scroll the screen to see all of the guide (the Netbook only has a 1024x600 screen), but fullscreen view stays within the display boundaries.

A bit stuttery (especially when on Battery), Processor usage is at or near 100% on both cores... (but what would you expect from a 1.6GHz ATOM CPU...)

Other than that, Not too shabby...

-Tursiops_G.

(Edit: Typos)

--
If You're Unsure, "RTFM"... If You're SURE, "RTFM" Anyway.