Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to JohnILM

Re: Optimum App for Laptop

said by JohnILM:

Now blocking external display, I can see that as CV blocking that for STB issues with people possibly dropping a box and replacing it with a computer.

It's anybody's guess, but I'd put my money on this.

Funny thing is, iPad 2 and iPhone 4S both support display mirroring to TV either through HDMI or wirelessly with an AppleTV. Wonder if the Optimum app works with that.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

FrankandBean

@optonline.net
So i have an acer laptop and it is giving me the error that i have to disconnect an external display. Problem is I do not have any eternal displays attached! I do have HDMI and VGA out ports but nothing connected. Any ideas??

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
It shouldn't matter, but try disabling them (one at a time) in the device manager to see if it gives you access if you want to find out if it's causing the problem.

GolfDude

join:2004-01-29
East Islip, NY
reply to FrankandBean
i had the same issue with it saying something was connected to the laptop when there wasnt.. but never heard back from them on how to fix that issue.. or why its reporting it wrong..

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to Thinkdiff
I don't think you can output the iO iPad app to an external display. The same goes for apps like HBO Go. You have to watch the content on the iPad. There are certain things you can mirror to an external display, but again, it depends on the app allowing that feature.

Perhaps there are ways to bypass that limitation, but I've never researched it.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
said by limegrass69:

Perhaps there are ways to bypass that limitation, but I've never researched it.

anything is possible with the knowledge and patience.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata