spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

New iO TV packages

Optimum will begin offering you new iO TV packages on March 27, 2012. You will continue to enjoy the package to which you currently subscribe unless you choose to make a change. For more information on these new rates and packages, check your billing statement in the coming month or visit this page starting February 27, 2012.

»www.optimum.com/optimum- ··· ices.jsp

I wonder what the changes will be?

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

My guess would be more $$ for less channels.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm sure the new tier will co-incide with the HBO Go launch, as in grandfathered iO Silver people with HBO will not get it...

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to dm145

Anon

to dm145
I'm sure the rates will be much lower. Ha, ha, ha, ha! I crack myself up.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to dm145

Premium Member

to dm145
Comcast or Time warner (I forget which) just announced a package which costs less without channels like ESPN, MTV, HGTV to give the view more options over channels they may not want in their package. I bet this is what that is. Cablevision is very much on the side of letting viewers have more package choices.

Mr cable
@optonline.net

Mr cable to dm145

Anon

to dm145
Cox Cable cracks price barrier with TV Economy plan

Cox Cable's plan to go national with its bargain-priced ($25 to start, $35 after six months) TV Economy service, eliminating the mighty ESPN and other pricey channels, certainly represents a crack in the cable industry's wall of wills.

Read more: »www.philly.com/philly/en ··· kacuSezM
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to dm145

to dm145
We all knows its NEVER a good sign when a provider renames its packages. In fact I cant remember once when a package was renamed and the price was lower....
digitaldoc77
join:2008-04-20
Oyster Bay, NY

digitaldoc77

Spotted this too, and confident it will be more for less. I was suspicious when there we no rate hikes for this year, so now we are calling it something else...

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon to dm145

to dm145
have anybody tried calling CV to see if they'll explain what those changes are?

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

Cablevision is very much on the side of letting viewers have more package choices.

Was that supposed to be a joke? In order to get the dozen channels we do watch, we are forced to take hundreds we don't care about. No, choice is one thing they've never been very good at.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by momcat1:

said by matcarl:

Cablevision is very much on the side of letting viewers have more package choices.

Was that supposed to be a joke? In order to get the dozen channels we do watch, we are forced to take hundreds we don't care about. No, choice is one thing they've never been very good at.

I know, but that's because the networks make them bundle it like that. I've heard interviews with the top guys at Cablevision, they want to change it, they want more choices. I really think this is what it will be, we'll see in a few weeks.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to dm145

to dm145
I heard that the HBO GO launch is March 21, 2012. You will receive the GO service included in the HBO subscription. No On Demand subscription required. Still no word on whether or not it will be available on the Roku.
I really hope that a Family Cable Lite Package is listed.

e2727
Bklynguy
join:2001-10-30
Brooklyn, NY

e2727

Want to get RoKo but not until i fine out it will work with Cablevision HBO GO

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

Im hoping they add the Cooking Channel. Food Network has become nonstop competitions. Its gotten away from the original premise of actually cooking from recipes !!
OOLUser6
join:2011-11-01
Monroe, NY

OOLUser6 to dm145

to dm145
I'm currently on iO Package + Family Cable, I wonder how much the price difference will be, I don't mind getting new channels every now and then if its a few dollars difference. A friend of the family was on some type of Silver package but was grandfathered in so they wouldn't get new channels (they wanted the Bio channel) and in order to get new channels they would need to agree to the new iO Package + Silver price which was enough of a price difference for them to say no.

Edit: Also, my family would get rid of ESPN in a heartbeat, screw paying for that channnel, people that want it should pay for it, it should not be included. IPTV can't some soon enough, so people don't have to pay for channels they don't want.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by OOLUser6:

I'm currently on iO Package + Family Cable, I wonder how much the price difference will be, I don't mind getting new channels every now and then if its a few dollars difference. A friend of the family was on some type of Silver package but was grandfathered in so they wouldn't get new channels (they wanted the Bio channel) and in order to get new channels they would need to agree to the new iO Package + Silver price which was enough of a price difference for them to say no.

Edit: Also, my family would get rid of ESPN in a heartbeat, screw paying for that channnel, people that want it should pay for it, it should not be included. IPTV can't some soon enough, so people don't have to pay for channels they don't want.

Silver price includes the iO package. The current iO Silver package includes Showtime and not HBO though, so that's the only reason why some people won't change it.

Spare Me
@cogentco.com

Spare Me

Anon

limegrass69 wrote:

"My guess would be more $$ for less channels.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm sure the new tier will co-incide with the HBO Go launch, as in grandfathered iO Silver people with HBO will not get it..."

I'm not sure what you meant by that, but uh..yeah since my parents already subscribe to HBO, no matter what Cablevision decides to do with the new packages, try explaining to me how it is that as you say "we won't get it?" Yes we will, all that's needed for HBO GO access is a subscription to HBO. Unlike your false claim, they can't possibly deny us that no matter what new packages come out, grandfathered in or not.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore

Premium Member

Yes, they can.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

2 edits

RemyM to dm145

to dm145
They posted the new rates with the CT PURA on Friday. There are no details of what the new packages are made up of though and their website hasn't been updated yet.

Effective Tuesday, March 27, 2012, Cablevision will launch five (5) new video programming packages that will be available to both new and existing Cablevision customers. Customers that subscribe to existing video packages will not be affected by this change; these customers may retain their current video package and pricing. New customers or existing customers wishing to change their video package must subscribe to one of the new packages.

iO Gold (New package)109.95
iO Gold (No longer offered, grandfathered customers only)103.95
iO Silver (New package)89.95
iO Silver (No longer offered, grandfathered customers only)83.95
iO Preferred (New package)74.95
iO Value (New Package)64.95
Family (No longer offered, grandfathered customers only)58.95
iO Economy (New package)39.95
Broadcast Basic - price varies by system
All package prices include a subscription to Broadcast Basic
iO Package(No longer offered, grandfathered customers only)11.95
iO Sports Pack 6.95

Spare Me
@cogentco.com

Spare Me to DownTheShore

Anon

to DownTheShore
Uh...no they can't, that's a law suit right there. Maybe it's not simple enough for you. In order to qualify for HBO GO all that is needed is a subscription to HBO through a participating cable provider. They can't turn around and say "Well you have HBO, but not in a qualifying package of our choosing" They can't do that.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 edit

dm145

said by Spare Me :

Uh...no they can't, that's a law suit right there. Maybe it's not simple enough for you. In order to qualify for HBO GO all that is needed is a subscription to HBO through a participating cable provider. They can't turn around and say "Well you have HBO, but not in a qualifying package of our choosing" They can't do that.

they can, and did

it probably also will include HBO/Cinemax OnDemand
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

Here is the link to the new packages
»www.optimum.com/new-packages.jsp

iO Gold now includes the Sports Pak
iO Silver now includes HBO, Showtime and Starz
iO Prefered includes Encore
iO Value replaces family cable and has some iO package channels
iO Economy doesn't have sports channels and many other channels but,
"This package is only available in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Connecticut and Long Island areas of Great Neck, Islip, Lynbrook, Western Nassau, and Woodury."

e2727
Bklynguy
join:2001-10-30
Brooklyn, NY

e2727 to dm145

to dm145
I don't see the new packagers on the there web site here in Bklyn,never mind i found it
e2727

e2727 to rick0204

to rick0204
I just called them to ask when they will be launching HBO Go here in Bklyn she said there is no date for it an it has nothing to do with there new pricing packages

limegrass69
No Whammies

1 edit

limegrass69 to dm145

to dm145
New packages are up on the website.
Looks like the "new" iO Silver has HBO, SHO, and Starz.
Gold adds MAX and TMC...and some of the sports tier channels.

The "preferred" is basically the current Family + iO with Encore included.

I'm grandfathered with the old iO Silver. It does not seem like a horrible deal if, for a few more bucks more a month, I get SHO plus the On Demand channels.

EDIT: Sorry, Remy...didn't see your post above...

I Owe
@151.190.0.x

I Owe

Anon

So this is basically a rate increase disguised with new package names.

limegrass69
No Whammies

limegrass69

said by I Owe :

So this is basically a rate increase disguised with new package names.

Yes and no.

You could jump to a new plan and pay more...and receive more,

or...

You could stay grandfathered with your current package at the current price.
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to I Owe

to I Owe
You're not forced to take the new packages, you can keep what you have and your rate won't change.

ilsno
@optonline.net

ilsno

Anon

Packages seem to offer a bit more flexibility at a higher price the way I see it. Still, in order to get SHOW and HBO you have to have it bundled with Starz which is a garbage network. The current io Silver I am forced to get Encore which is even worse. Most customers want HBO and Showtime. The other premiums are awful. They should just have a package for HBO and SHOW.
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

said by ilsno :

Packages seem to offer a bit more flexibility at a higher price the way I see it. Still, in order to get SHOW and HBO you have to have it bundled with Starz which is a garbage network. The current io Silver I am forced to get Encore which is even worse. Most customers want HBO and Showtime. The other premiums are awful. They should just have a package for HBO and SHOW.

You could always take a lower package and add all the SHOW (11.95) and HBO (14.95) channels a-la-carte, but depending on the lower package you choose, it might cost more then taking the package that includes the "garbage".
Expand your moderator at work