uniqs

devicemanage
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Southampton, PA

devicemanage

Premium Member

[Need Info] Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Back Up 2 Disk Folder

I am in the process of installing Symantec Backuyp Exec 2010 on a new server and want it to talk to our existing Back Up To Disk Folders that we have on our network. Does anyone know how to get the current backups to appear on the new server so I can restore some data? Thank you!

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar

Premium Member

I assume you are simply deploying the agent to the new server, and that you have a backup exec master server running?

You do all of the configuration on the master backup server, including where/how the new server is backed up. Not sure what you mean by having the new server talk to the old one.

devicemanage
Premium Member
Southampton, PA

devicemanage

Premium Member

No I was backing up this server using a back up to disk folder. THe folder resided on our network. I stood the server back up and now I need to restore the data and get back to normal. I cant figure out how to make bue 2010 see the old back up to disk folder.

yaplej
Premium Member
join:2001-02-10
White City, OR

yaplej to devicemanage

Premium Member

to devicemanage
So your backup server crashed? Bummer. I have not had to do this yet and hope I never will.

Rebuild the server.
Install BE
Recreate your B2D destination*
Inventory your B2D destination
Restore

*Test this first. I have never had to do it.
Create a test B2D folder locally.
Take a test backup of some random crap.
Copy the B2D data somewhere.
Delete the test B2D folder in BE.
Copy the B2D data back.
Recreate the test B2D destination
Inventory the test B2D destination.
Make sure you see your test backup files.
Proceed to real B2D destination.

devicemanage
Premium Member
Southampton, PA

devicemanage

Premium Member

I have already done that and when I proceed to restore I do not have a list of backup's to restore. When I click on selections whether I view by resource, media or view selection data it doesn't display a list of available backup dates. Hope this is clear. Thank to everyone for hanging in there with me.
devicemanage

devicemanage

Premium Member

OK, looks like they needed to be cataloged. I did the restore directly from the back up to disk folder by right clicking on the backup file. It's running now, I'll let you guys know how I make out!
devicemanage

1 recommendation

devicemanage

Premium Member

That worked - thanks for the help!