how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Os

join:2011-01-26
US

US Cellular

US Cellular's pricing now on their 3G network (which I've never seen hit more than 1 Mbps on Speedtest here locally), and never more than 2.5-3 Mbps in Morgantown isn't that much different than the cabal.

$30 for 5GB is good, but the overage fees are now .25 a MB!

I've always figured US Cellular is just going to end up absorbed by Verizon, but I'm glad they haven't been. Their service is good here overall, and it does cost a lot less than AT&T. I'd recommend US Cellular if you're in a market with them. And they do have an improving selection of Android phones.

I think with the timing here, by the time I get my next phone, I'll be ready for when LTE launches here in Western MD.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

I have Sprint and I meander around northern IL. When I don't have native Sprint coverage I roam on USC and they have excellent coverage in their service area. I swear I get 3G data while roaming on USC but haven't been able to 100% confirm that.
Friends of ours in NW IL had Verizon and dropped calls all the time. I don't think they dropped a call since switching to USC 3 years ago. If/when they get the iPhone I'll consider them when my contract(s) with Sprint are up.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by JimThePCGuy:

If/when they get the iPhone I'll consider them when my contract(s) with Sprint are up.

They made it pretty clear they were not interested in the iPhone last year. Maybe with a decent LTE network Apple will approach them more aggressively.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

jhacker

join:2001-12-11
Peoria, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JimThePCGuy

said by JimThePCGuy:

If/when they get the iPhone I'll consider them when my contract(s) with Sprint are up.

Why? So they can be like Sprint? Sprint is nickel and dime-ing their customers to death just so they can say they carry the iPhone. They are going into a huge amount of debt, and they can't even afford to upgrade their network.

I just switched over to US Cellular from Sprint, today as a matter of fact. At least US Cellular's 3G works, in this market at least. With Sprint's 3G, it's like going back 10 years and being on dial-up. Half the time, it isn't even 1X speed!!

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1

Ya know... Sprint's gonna reap the profits from the iPhone deal in the coming months. They went into debt subsidizing the phone, but profit from the ensuring contract.