Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

[PvE] Blizzard Raid UI

Okay, i'm just going to get the QQ out of the way up front. "Hey blizz, how do you overlook the most basic functions of your own raid UI???"

okay, I'm done. Now here are some issues I have with the raid UI and I wonder what you guys have seen (and hopefully worked around).

1. Raid frame does not show raid markers. (I had to download an addon specifically for this purpose)

2. If you elect to show "Main Tank" and "Main Assist", then you will also see their target, and their target's target. I can't find where to turn these extra frames off... If the answer is another addon, I'm just going to start trying other raid frames entirely.

3. I finished an LFR... dropped raid... reformed a group with guildies to start a new raid... and now my blizz raid frame has 14 people in it.. from the raid I just left. ugh. I had to "/reload ui".

4. During the next LFR... I started noticing that my heals on player X were not firing. uh-oh... I tried to build my LB stack on the "Main Assist" raid frame... and noticed the stacks building on the "Main Tank" raid frame... huh? Rejuv won't fire on me when I'm moused over my raid frame 8/10 times... but if I mouse over my "Player" frame... it fires 10/10. /sigh. I reloaded my UI between each boss fight. No dice. So that's just great... I can't trust the blizz raid UI for healing. peachy.

So, I'll try downloading the x64 client to see if that version works better??? Otherwise, I'm in the market for a new raid frame. I know what Shadowed offers... I guess the next on my list (unless blizz starts working well) is Pitbull (Ada's recommendation).
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13

For raid frames I use Grid.

For player frames (player, target, target's target, focus, focus' target) I use Pitbull.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1

For raid and player frames i use Shadowed Unit Frames and i love it

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Immer

the only time i have ui issues is when i try any kind of boss mod, dbm or the like it messes with my ui, dont know why but it does so i dont use them.

i use blizzards frames for everything, and with them being movable i like it much more now.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

For raid frames I use Grid.

For player frames (player, target, target's target, focus, focus' target) I use Pitbull.

that's right. I'm fed up with grid. I don't want to juggle 15 addons... just for a useful raid frame.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14

Vuhdo.

You're welcome.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

i hate vuhdo i could never get it to work right.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Immer

one thing I need to check out is if SUF is somehow causing the blizz UI glitches.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

i hate vuhdo i could never get it to work right.

Hmmm. Gonna have to say user error. I have set up many people with this addon and none of them have ever complained.

»www.plusheal.com/forum/m/1833799···m/472512
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

i have watched user videos , i have asked ppl , it just doesnt work well for me, if it works for you ,good, but ill stick to what i have
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to cigtyme

I've always used Xperl...Maybe I'll change.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
reply to Immer

Really don't think five plug-ins count as 15 additional add-ons. You don't have to use Pitbull or anything else for player frames, Grid will display everything except who is targeting who (with the exception of incoming heals) baseline. I just like the way I can make things look with multiple things working together.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

No one likes SuF??

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by cigtyme:

No one likes SuF??

I like it... for the most part. I don't like using it as a raid frame because the buffs/debuffs have to be either above or below each frame. cannot make it on top of the frame... this creates too much space between frames for my liking.

I'm trying to dump addons... but this just isn't working for me. I hate the way grid looks stock. I hate that I have to add a new pluggin for each bit of information I want (icons rather than dots, dungeon role, raid mark). I may end up getting forced back into it... but I'm shopping around now.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

JB
Stay Gold
Premium

I use SUF for player frames and Vuhdo for raid frames.

I ditched xPerl a long long time ago.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE

As far as I know Vuhdo is your only other real option good option, not that I'm a fan mind you. Grid4Life yo.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to JB

same here on the perl, even with the port ani off it was taking a bunch of fps.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
reply to Immer

Vuhdo and SUF for player/target/focus ect ect ect. Not a better set up.

Vuhdo takes a little time to set up but after you do it once, it is easy as pie from then on out. Everyone likes pie?

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Immer

I've had targeting issues with the Blizzard raid frames. I immediately installed the raid marker & corner text indicator mods for it, so I can't be sure it's a blizzard thing and not a 3rd party thing.

Grid is fantastic, even with the addons. Anyone used the Grid2 fork?
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state

I tried out Grid2 previously. It caused major issues in AV so I went back to Grid. That was a while ago though, issue may have been fixed.

I did like it until my screen stuttered like mad.

Cornat

join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC
reply to Immer

I use X-Perl for all my raid frames and player frames. I also have Healbot active mainly for my healing toons, but I have it active for all my toons for all specs. Not only is it awesome for healing, but it monitors everyone's debuffs quite well. I can see when tanks have CD's active, when a pally uses a "Hand of ..." on someone, and when tutoring healers I can monitor their spells. Another thread has my rave post about DBM-spelltimers, it works quite well in conjuction with watching Tank CD's in Healbot. But my issue with both of these frame addons is that I haven't been able to figure out how to show raid roles on either of them, so I still have default raid frames active as well. Having a screen resolution of 5040x1050 helps :P

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to Immer

I use Vudhoo and Grid. I could probably ditch Grid but I like having it in the corner where i've made it tiney as an easy way to quickly target another raid member with just a left click. I could get Vuhdoo to do this, but I've got all my mouse buttons assigned to spells so would have use a modifier.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to drew

I occasionally have this same issue with the default raid ui. Or clicking on one person will select someone totally different. My personal "favorite" is when the MT/OT/MA target gets stuck, so you have no idea what they're actually targeting.

A quick /reload - the "ui" is apparently no longer needed - and it's fixed, but that's not exactly something you want to have to do all the time. I've noticed it having more issues as of late - but there's a lot of zone changing happening in DS, and I think that's part of what's causing an issue. Especially the target mixup one.

I just want something simple, and with minimal setup. Sadly, most of the raidframe addons I've found either are *too* simple, or take a lot of setup. I have suf installed for party, so I might give it another go for raid frames.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

mmmhmmm

@sbcglobal.net

I have always used xperl and frankly i really like it after you get it set the way you want. The only thing that bothers me is i have never been able to get the set focus to work. Anyone else have that issue?

Cornat

join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

said by mmmhmmm :

I have always used xperl and frankly i really like it after you get it set the way you want. The only thing that bothers me is i have never been able to get the set focus to work. Anyone else have that issue?

I was under the impression that "set focus" didn't work on any addon and you had to use "/focus". I've read reports that apparently it does work for some addons, but I'm an xperl user, I've been using "/focus".

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

best to use a macro for setting the focus, IMO