Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OneEye

join:2006-04-15
Peachtree City, GA
reply to djrobx

Re: why Metered BB will fail

It's one thing to read all the DSLReport members pis%%%g and moaning about ISP providers (AT&T especially) implementing CAPS, but we're all standing on the bow of a sailboat pis%%%g into the wind (and getting wet in the process).

This forum is a relief valve here in our own little corner of the internet where all the malcontents can gather while the rest of the world goes its own way not caring that they are being shafted by CAPS right along with all internet users.

Someone with teeth has got to drag all the none ISP content providers (Netflix, Amazon, etc) into speaking with one voice against the ISPs. Forget Hulu Plus because of their Network (Comcast) ownership.

In my opinion, that one voice should be led by the webmasters at DSLReports. Get these businesses together and start hammering on the government and press to take up this issue.

Ask the consumer router industry why they won't provide Download Usage Counters in their wireless/4 port routers (specially Cisco/Linksys) so consumers can question the Empires metering?

Is AT&T and Cogeco's influence so great that consumers will always be mashed beneath their feet like dogs&%t?

krazyfiend

join:2011-02-15
said by OneEye:

Ask the consumer router industry why they won't provide Download Usage Counters in their wireless/4 port routers (specially Cisco/Linksys) so consumers can question the Empires metering?

Agreed. This is one reason why I insist on purchasing routers that can be flashed w DD-wrt. Now I can go back months at a time and look at monthly usage.

TBH, from my experience, Comcast is pretty spot on w/ their meter, at least when it's apparent or after your roll & re-provision to get it back)