drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Immer

Re: [PvE] Blizzard Raid UI

I've had targeting issues with the Blizzard raid frames. I immediately installed the raid marker & corner text indicator mods for it, so I can't be sure it's a blizzard thing and not a 3rd party thing.

Grid is fantastic, even with the addons. Anyone used the Grid2 fork?
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state

I tried out Grid2 previously. It caused major issues in AV so I went back to Grid. That was a while ago though, issue may have been fixed.

I did like it until my screen stuttered like mad.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to drew

I occasionally have this same issue with the default raid ui. Or clicking on one person will select someone totally different. My personal "favorite" is when the MT/OT/MA target gets stuck, so you have no idea what they're actually targeting.

A quick /reload - the "ui" is apparently no longer needed - and it's fixed, but that's not exactly something you want to have to do all the time. I've noticed it having more issues as of late - but there's a lot of zone changing happening in DS, and I think that's part of what's causing an issue. Especially the target mixup one.

I just want something simple, and with minimal setup. Sadly, most of the raidframe addons I've found either are *too* simple, or take a lot of setup. I have suf installed for party, so I might give it another go for raid frames.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

mmmhmmm

@sbcglobal.net

I have always used xperl and frankly i really like it after you get it set the way you want. The only thing that bothers me is i have never been able to get the set focus to work. Anyone else have that issue?

Cornat

join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

said by mmmhmmm :

I have always used xperl and frankly i really like it after you get it set the way you want. The only thing that bothers me is i have never been able to get the set focus to work. Anyone else have that issue?

I was under the impression that "set focus" didn't work on any addon and you had to use "/focus". I've read reports that apparently it does work for some addons, but I'm an xperl user, I've been using "/focus".

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

best to use a macro for setting the focus, IMO