Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
reply to JALevinworth

Re: [Scam] Card Services relentless phone calls revisited

I really shouldn't tempt fate, but the silent treatment seems to have worked for me. After sticking with that approach I have not received a credit card services call in months. I still do the silent treatment on the rare occasion when I see a number or entity I don't recognize showing up on caller ID. Hah! Screw 'em if they won't start the conversation.

I do like the SIT tone trick though, and grabbed the clean wav file recording to put at the beginning of my answering machine message. I figure it couldn't hurt with the onslaught of political calls that are about to start ringing phones off the hook relentlessly. Thanks for the link to the "Telephone Tribute" site!

Ender
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

JALevinworth

@embarqhsd.net

said by Ender3rd:

I really shouldn't tempt fate, but the silent treatment seems to have worked for me. After sticking with that approach I have not received a credit card services call in months. I still do the silent treatment on the rare occasion when I see a number or entity I don't recognize showing up on caller ID. Hah! Screw 'em if they won't start the conversation.

I hear ya, lol.
said by Ender3rd:

I do like the SIT tone trick though, and grabbed the clean wav file recording to put at the beginning of my answering machine message. I figure it couldn't hurt with the onslaught of political calls that are about to start ringing phones off the hook relentlessly. Thanks for the link to the "Telephone Tribute" site!

Ender

Hey, no problem Boss. Enjoy & Good luck