how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scanman1

join:2010-11-25

[Internet] Procedure to replace BHN modem due to $2 monthly rent

I am a CFL customer.

Please provide detailed information of the process to switch from what was a non fee'd BHN modem to a privately owned modem.

Can I call up tech support and give the model and WAN MAC of the modem and have them activate the private modem over the phone on the spot as I did when I had Comcast before I moved to BHN area?

I have a Motorola SB5101 (Docsis2 capable modem) and a Cisco DPC-3000 (Docsis 2/3 capable modem) both sitting in a drawer.

Are you going to release a list of "Approved or supported modems" that you will supply firmware updates to keep them bug patched and current?

I do not currently have lightning service, but it would make sense to activate the newer modem, so if I choose to upgrade to the lightning speed package I can use the channel bonding ability of the Cisco modem without changing modems again.

I hooked up the Cisco DPC-3000 modem and went to the modems web interface page and the modem channel locked and has down stream level at -8.5 dBmV and transmit power at 42.0 dBmV.

Quite acceptable levels, and this is with a splitter that will be removed. (remove at least another 3.5 dB from the above due to splitter attenuation)

Naturally, it failed to go online as the modem is not registered on BHN.

I would be more than happy to return the BHN modem to the main location on Americana Dr. after the privately owned modem is functionally online.

This process should not take a qualified technician more than 10 minutes to re-provision the CMTS with the new modem type and wan mac address over the phone.

Do you have a proper system in place that a user can call tech support and get routed to a qualified tech. that can do this as well as update your billing/provisioning system of the changes?

Comcast was very bad about trying to restart rental fees for privately owned modems, and then to claim after a long period that a privately owned modem was rented and want it returned when service was disconnected or customer moved.

Do you have a proper database update and procedure to keep track of this new fee as well as the fact that the customer turned in the BHN modem, or is it all done in user notes on the account?

I'm sure everyone would like the modem change outs to go smoothly here for the experienced users.

I dread the thought of calling into tier 1 techs that are not aware of the new policies, or may not know how to properly implement them, or even worse having a truck roll for this procedure.

I'm sure that there are many others on this forum like me that have modems laying around that will now be brought into service and the only reason they used the BHN provided modem is because it was included in the flat internet fee and if lightning took out the modem, it was free to have it replaced.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

Re: [Internet] Procedure to replace BHN modem due to $2 monthly

Scanman that is a very long laundry list of questions only some of which I'm going to answer now.

BUT before I answer anything are you currently in an active promotion with us? if so please open a direct forums thread and lets take a look at yoour account and when that expires...it matters.

scanman1

I am not in a promo period.

You can tell I have been through the ringer with Comcast, so I wanted to try to get this all out in the open now.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1

I understand how you feel but to be honest you really don't have a lot to be worried about. You say you aren't on a promotion but it's VERY rare for someone not to be so unless you are a new customer with no services we need to take a look first. You may be on a promotion and not even know it

scanman1

I am ONLY an internet customer "Road Runner Standard" $50 and over 2 years into the account so the 6 month promo is long over with.

scanman1

My notice clearly showed the $2 fee will be applied in my current statement. I just IM'd you my account #.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
reply to scanman1

In the meantime because this has already come up in previous posts I'll answer some of these questions.

1) The modem fee will not go into effect until your current promotion ends and even then it's not an issue while you are in what we call your step rate (the period of time between your promotion end and the point where your bill returns to normal pricing is called a step...you get a continued special rate for a period of time typically 6-12 months.) During the step period the modem fee will show up on your bill but your core services pricing will be adjusted taking into consideration the modem fee so there will be no impact during the step period).

2) We will have a list of approved modems and I will let you know when that is available.

3) Customer owned modems will require a tech to visually inspect and install the modem plus have it added to your account. This has been our policy for a number of years and that is not changing.

4) For all intents this will not impact those customers with multiple BHN services as the core pricing for bundles has been adjusted to take into consideration the modem fee. Yes it will show up on your bill as a line item but the net effect will not be an increase in your bill. If however you are al la carte with one service only you would see an increase of $2.00 unless you provided your own modem.

Guys if you are in Florida and most of ya are. If I were you I would let us provide you the modem. There is no operational difference in the device you own vs our modems BUT if something goes wrong, your modem gets lightning hit (and it happens a lot during the summer) at least we cover the equipment and labor costs to replace it. If your COE modem gets destroyed by lightning it will NOT be covered under warranty and any money you might have saved has gone out the window. For some that means nothing but for others it's a cost they can't afford so think about it a bit before going down this route.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

scanman1

3 edits
reply to scanman1

I am in the small group that it makes sense to use my own modem, as I am not in a promo, a step rate and am an ala carte customer.

I have two modems sitting in my junk drawer that I purchased to avoid the exact new fees that you are implementing that I avoided with Comcast before I moved to BHN area.

If you insist on rolling a truck to have a tech inspect my modem, am I required to pay for this truck roll?

It's not to install anything. To unscrew the coax cable from your modem and screw it into my modem and move the ethernet cable is NOT an installation.

I could bring my modem into your office for visual/functional testing when I return the BHN modem.

MrxBurrito

join:2010-01-16
Davenport, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

3) Customer owned modems will require a tech to visually inspect and install the modem plus have it added to your account. This has been our policy for a number of years and that is not changing.

How long ago did BHN started doing this? I am only asking because several years ago when I was in the CFL market I was using my own modem which was provisioned over the phone, It was up and running in less than 10 minutes. Also why would a tech have to visually inspect the modem, install the modem which it has already been mentioned only involves connecting the coax, and power adapter, and add to the account, which I know from experience can be provisioned over the phone. (My first modem from BHN long time ago was a RR Self Install Kit which was mailed to me and had the instructions inside to call to provision the modem)

Also, I am sure there will be a fee for the "visual inspection and installation" so how much is this going to be?

I am not bothered by the fee right now as I am still inside a promo for the next few months, but I am sure the fee will eventually catch up with me.

Even though for me it does not make any difference to have a BHN or personal modem since I'm sure the service will be just as reliable as it is right now.

said by MrxBurrito:

Also why would a tech have to visually inspect the modem, install the modem which it has already been mentioned only involves connecting the coax, and power adapter, and add to the account, which I know from experience can be provisioned over the phone.

Obviously to discourage own modem use and have customers pay the fee. Of course they are not going to tell you that's the reason but sometimes you have to use common sense. They will give you 200 technical reasons why it's "better" to use their modem...but if you are technically savvy you know better.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MrxBurrito

said by MrxBurrito:

said by BHNtechXpert:

How long ago did BHN started doing this? I am only asking because several years ago when I was in the CFL market I was using my own modem which was provisioned over the phone, It was up and running in less than 10 minutes. Also why would a tech have to visually inspect the modem, install the modem which it has already been mentioned only involves connecting the coax, and power adapter, and add to the account, which I know from experience can be provisioned over the phone. (My first modem from BHN long time ago was a RR Self Install Kit which was mailed to me and had the instructions inside to call to provision the modem)

Also, I am sure there will be a fee for the "visual inspection and installation" so how much is this going to be?

I am not bothered by the fee right now as I am still inside a promo for the next few months, but I am sure the fee will eventually catch up with me.

Even though for me it does not make any difference to have a BHN or personal modem since I'm sure the service will be just as reliable as it is right now.

At least 7 years probably longer. A BHN self install kit is different as the modem is already in our inventory, certified to be in good and working condition and for obvious reasons does not present a threat to our network. COE modems are different however and this has always been our policy.

I'm not going to get into the specifics around the inspection of the device but suffice it to say this is the requirement. Last time I checked there was no charge for this despite the internal cost to us for having to send a tech out. If this changes I will let you know but this is normally run as a simple trouble call and takes about 15 minutes. The tech will also install the modem, check levels and make sure there is nothing that would impede performance thus generating another tech visit. Ultimately this saves time, money and also insures that you have the best experience possible with our services, your equipment or ours.

The fee will not catch up to you so long as you remain in a bundle package and do not go ala carte (or single service) as the core prices have been adjusted for the $2.00 modem charge in your favor. The modem fee line item will show up on your billing however because it is technically a billed item now.

I can't stress this enough...for most of you this is a no impact deal other than you will see the line item on your billing.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

scanman1

The Motorola SB5101 is internally the exact same modem chipset as a Cisco DPC2100R2. My drop cable was replaced when I established service and is a home run to the modem, so signal levels are not an issue.

Once you have clarified that there is NO ADDITIONAL FEE for the truck roll, I will post all my information on the new official support forum and schedule for a tech to come out to read the mac address to the office and power cycle my modem and verify it comes online.

I'll report back to this thread after the process is completed and hopefully it will be a good experience.

I have not had any problems whatsoever with BHN unlike what Comcast has put me through. For the last 2+ years I have had very minimal outages that were usually within a maintanance window and never more than a few hours. Hopefully this is an uneventfull process as well.

Thanks,
Scan

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

Scanman I just told you there is no fee and I'm rolling on that for now.

As for the other things the chipset means nothing...it's the firmaware that counts. For now if you have D2 service you will need to use the D2 modem...not the D3. D3 modems do not work with Turbo even operating in D2 mode.

We will determine if signal levels are an issue. I realize you have done some of the homework but do not go into this visit with the intent of telling the tech how to perform his job. Let him complete what he needs to and be done with it.

dziazadeh

join:2012-01-05
Farmington, MI
reply to scanman1

I too, am interested in replacing my existing BHN modem, as I have the RR7 plan al carte.

Will I be able to use the Motorola SB6121 with my service?

I dont want to have to buy an existing modem that is going to be out of date in a year. Id rather buy something future proof like the SB6121 so that when I am ready to upgrade to Lightning Service, I dont have to purchase another modem.

Thank you for your support.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by dziazadeh:

I too, am interested in replacing my existing BHN modem, as I have the RR7 plan al carte.

Will I be able to use the Motorola SB6121 with my service?

I dont want to have to buy an existing modem that is going to be out of date in a year. Id rather buy something future proof like the SB6121 so that when I am ready to upgrade to Lightning Service, I dont have to purchase another modem.

Thank you for your support.

With the RR7 plan the D3 could operate in D2 mode without an issue. But honestly you guys are gettin ahead of things a bit. I'll let ya know when I have a list to work with.
--

MrxBurrito

Davenport, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

At least 7 years probably longer. A BHN self install kit is different as the modem is already in our inventory, certified to be in good and working condition and for obvious reasons does not present a threat to our network. COE modems are different however and this has always been our policy.

I understand ToS is still a very big issue even on DOCSIS 3, but I'm not only talking about self install kits. In 2006 I was in the CFL market, the apartment I lived in was struck by lightning so you can imagine, dead modem. I called for service and there were no appointment slots for the next 3 days or so. I asked if I could use my own modem and was told yes. Went to Walmart bought a linksys cable modem called and gave them the MAC address, and It was up and running that same day, all over the phone, no charges, no inspection, no technician.

said by BHNtechXpert:

I'm not going to get into the specifics around the inspection of the device but suffice it to say this is the requirement. Last time I checked there was no charge for this despite the internal cost to us for having to send a tech out. If this changes I will let you know but this is normally run as a simple trouble call and takes about 15 minutes. The tech will also install the modem, check levels and make sure there is nothing that would impede performance thus generating another tech visit. Ultimately this saves time, money and also insures that you have the best experience possible with our services, your equipment or ours.

I understand all the security issues involved with provisioning a customer owned modem, so I am not asking for details about the inspection. But I unfortunately have to look at it from a consumer's perspective. If you give me a list of equipment I can use, and after you provision it you will have control over it not me. Why will there have to be a technician going and inspecting the equipment? Also if power levels were fine with previous BHN owned equipment why would this change if I use the same Vendor/Model but owned by me? Still you could remotely read power levels after the modem is provisioned. Some things just don't add up.

Inspection/installation means I have to wait around the house waiting for someone to show up, and charge me for a 10 minute job. I'm sure that if a lot of customers start using their own equipment there will be a fee, something like the $50 "lightning installation fee". If I buy a modem, and pay lets say $75 for it, and you charge me $50 for installing it, there goes the "savings" I was going to have. So from a consumer point of view, this will be a penalty for using your own equipment. It means; I couldn't get you with the $2 but I will get you with the $50.

While I understand the risks the ISP takes on allowing customer owned equipment, but I think/know bad people already have the resources to do bad things, so they don't need this $2 fee as an excuse to provision their own modem and incur in ToS. Here you will only see people wanting to do it because they do not want to be "nickle and dimed".

said by BHNtechXpert:

The fee will not catch up to you so long as you remain in a bundle package and do not go ala carte (or single service) as the core prices have been adjusted for the $2.00 modem charge in your favor. The modem fee line item will show up on your billing however because it is technically a billed item now.

Im sure it will. While BHN provides me with great quality services (I don't think I have called them for anything other than adding services in about 2 years). I know they are in the revenue making business... not the making people happy business. Still, I cannot say anything else other than it is still the best service for the price I pay.

It is also good to know that with or without fee, inspection or no inspection, customers will have the option to use their own equipment.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits
reply to scanman1

Reply to Mxburrito:

Well since you know it all already there really is no point in me telling you otherwise now is there When you are ready to stop looking at everything so negatively and read what I posted above which clearly outlines everything you need to know let me know and I can start the process for you

As I stated in the other thread about this very subject I'm not going to fall into the negativity trap on this one. I totally understand your concerns and have answered each and every one of them as much I'm going to for now. You can either trust me or not..your choice but I'm not going to get into a huge debate with you about it. Most of you have nothing to worry about...this will be a non-issue. Those of you affected have choices and I've outlined those as well.

If there is anything else you need let me know
--

MrxBurrito

Davenport, FL

Wow, simply wow. I must have touched a nerve. My post was not negative in any way. I am sorry if you took it that way. This one unfortunately is. And no, I do not know it all and not claim that I do. On the other hand. Great customer service by the way. JDPower is very prod right now.

By the way, if you look at the end of my post you will clearly notice there is no negativity in what I wrote or in my concerns

I was not looking for confrontation or debates, I wonder how you came to that conclusion; if that what you think customer concerns are you are very wrong. You post clearly outlined nothing, sorry to tell you, but it was more of the same "don't worry this will not have any effect on your bill", thinking your customers don't have a clue.

I posted my experience on the CFL market in 2006 which is clearly something very different from what you say has been BHN policy for over 7 years. No harm in that.

I also posted how I viewed the "fees" as a consumer, as your customer. If that managed to irritate you, once again I apologize.
I also wonder if this is the same view on customer relations others in your company have as well whenever there is a concerned customer.

You see, I would suggest you read my entire post all the way to the end which details my positive experience and content with bright house and then tell me how I wanted to initiate a debate about this issue.

I have trusted you in the past with technical challenges and will continue to do so, no change there. As to how you accuse me of initiating a debate and being negative, I am sorry but you are lacking some soft skills there.

Thank you for your time.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

4 edits

said by MrxBurrito:

Wow, simply wow. I must have touched a nerve. My post was not negative in any way. I am sorry if you took it that way. This one unfortunately is. And no, I do not know it all and not claim that I do. On the other hand. Great customer service by the way. JDPower is very prod right now.

By the way, if you look at the end of my post you will clearly notice there is no negativity in what I wrote or in my concerns

I was not looking for confrontation or debates, I wonder how you came to that conclusion; if that what you think customer concerns are you are very wrong. You post clearly outlined nothing, sorry to tell you, but it was more of the same "don't worry this will not have any effect on your bill", thinking your customers don't have a clue.

I posted my experience on the CFL market in 2006 which is clearly something very different from what you say has been BHN policy for over 7 years. No harm in that.

I also posted how I viewed the "fees" as a consumer, as your customer. If that managed to irritate you, once again I apologize.
I also wonder if this is the same view on customer relations others in your company have as well whenever there is a concerned customer.

You see, I would suggest you read my entire post all the way to the end which details my positive experience and content with bright house and then tell me how I wanted to initiate a debate about this issue.

I have trusted you in the past with technical challenges and will continue to do so, no change there. As to how you accuse me of initiating a debate and being negative, I am sorry but you are lacking some soft skills there.

Thank you for your time.

Maxburrito you went to great lengths (in both posts) to essentially tell me how it is and how it's going to be based on your limited understanding of the subject completely ignoring the mutliple posts I made on the subject in this thread that virtually tells you everything you need to know. You didn't touch a nerve...quite the contrary otherwise there would have been no smiles.

Feigning shock or offense is completely unnecessary. You forget that I know your posting style well...this isn't the first encounter I've had with you. You like to argue...I don't. I intentionally posted as much information as possible to avoid misunderstandings or worry about this subject and yet you took to creating a debate where none really is required. I'm not here to debate you and that's not going to change regardless of your responses.

We recognize that these changes may cause some concern and we've gone to great lengths to explain them and work with you to come to a solution that best works for you. When I have additional information to share such as an approved equipment list I will. I have communicated how COE installs will be done based on the best information I have in front of me and firm understanding of how it's been done in the past. I'm not going to argue these points with you Maxburrito no matter how much you try...sorry.

On that note for the rest of you (and Maxburrito as well) I will do my very best to assist you with this. If you have an immediate need to add your own modem post your request in our direct forums with the usual information and I'll get the ball rolling.

Maxburrito I'm glad you approve of our decision to allow COE modems on our network in a more global way...now let the process work and have faith that in the end you will be happy.
--

reply to MrxBurrito

said by MrxBurrito:

Solution: Expert said if you have multiple services it's just going to be an additional line item on your bill, and there is really no additional charge as it will even out.

Wait for your bill that shows the new "$2 modem fee" and check the previous months bill. If you're being charged an additional $2..then it's not just "an additional line item". It's premature to really hammer it home right now.

"BHNTech-
For all intents this will not impact those customers with multiple BHN services as the core pricing for bundles has been adjusted to take into consideration the modem fee. Yes it will show up on your bill as a line item but the net effect will not be an increase in your bill."

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1

Very good George You are correct

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1

This applies to those in multiple service bundles. Those ala carte folks this is not the case but I've already said that

scanman1

reply to BHNtechXpert

BHNtech Xpert, Can you clarify why you state that a Motorola SB6121 modem can be used on a current D2 service plan, yet you stated to me earlier in this thread that the Cisco DPC-3000 cannot be provisioned for a current D2 service plan.

This is a contradiction in your statements in this thread.

There is no difference between the Motorola SB 6120/1 and the Cisco DPC-3000 other than firmware. They are both Puma 5 chipset modems.

There is no technical reason that any D3 modem cannot be provisioned for any speed package other than the needed provisioning of BHN equipment to support this.

With customer provided modems now something that will be requested to avoid rental fee's, and ONLY D3 modems sitting on the shelf of local stores such as Best Buy and CompUSA to state that you cannot use a D3 modem with a current D2 service plan will make it VERY DIFFICULT for anyone who does not already own an outdated D2 modem to turn in the rented modem and use a customer owned modem.

I see no reason that I should install an outdated SB5101 when I have a D3 modem that is Lightning capable.

I don't want to wait for another truck roll in the future when I do upgrade to a speed package that will require D3.

Do you have an ETA when the list of supported modems will be compiled?

I'd rather wait and even pay the fee for the first month, if you require this time to provision your equipment for service plan/modem combinations that you don't currently have programmed.

This was never an issue up until now as you only programmed D3 modem profiles for D3 service plans as there was no reason when you provided the modem as part of the service.

Now that CPE is going to be in demand, this issue needs to be resolved.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtech Xpert, Can you clarify why you state that a Motorola SB6121 modem can be used on a current D2 service plan, yet you stated to me earlier in this thread that the Cisco DPC-3000 cannot be provisioned for a current D2 service plan.

I did reply, you didn't pay attention to it. I didn't say either could or could not be used. I simply stated that the SB is likely to have no problems but due to differing firmware on the Cisco I couldn't say on that. Chipset means nothing...get chipset out of your head because at the end of the day every single device on the planet could use the same chipset but if the firmware doesn't play nice all is moot.

This is a contradiction in your statements in this thread.

There were no contradictions...stop looking for the negative in everything

There is no difference between the Motorola SB 6120/1 and the Cisco DPC-3000 other than firmware. They are both Puma 5 chipset modems.

Look up for now the third time for the answer to this repeat question.

There is no technical reason that any D3 modem cannot be provisioned for any speed package other than the needed provisioning of BHN equipment to support this.

You are incorrect and I'm not going to argue this point with you. D3 will not work with Turbo 20/2...period unless of course you don't care about getting your turbo boost. PLEASE stop arguing with me about this technology...with all due respect I work, eat and sleep with this stuff every day...I know what it can, can't and won't do. I wouldn't tell you this if it wern't fact.

With customer provided modems now something that will be requested to avoid rental fee's, and ONLY D3 modems sitting on the shelf of local stores such as Best Buy and CompUSA to state that you cannot use a D3 modem with a current D2 service plan will make it VERY DIFFICULT for anyone who does not already own an outdated D2 modem to turn in the rented modem and use a customer owned modem.

Not gonna argue with you about this...it's too preliminary to discuss it. I keep saying this and you guys ignore it.

I see no reason that I should install an outdated SB5101 when I have a D3 modem that is Lightning capable.

Repeating yourself

I don't want to wait for another truck roll in the future when I do upgrade to a speed package that will require D3.

Repeating yourself

Do you have an ETA when the list of supported modems will be compiled?

Repeating myself... I'll let you know when the list is available.

I'd rather wait and even pay the fee for the first month, if you require this time to provision your equipment for service plan/modem combinations that you don't currently have programmed.

That is an option.. yes

This was never an issue up until now as you only programmed D3 modem profiles for D3 service plans as there was no reason when you provided the modem as part of the service.

You are incorrect. D3 modems are provided only for D3 service. If you downgrade from D3 or Lightning service we will come out and swap your modem down to a D2 modem.

Now that CPE is going to be in demand, this issue needs to be resolved.

I see no issues. We are communicating with you about these changes now and will continue to do so as needed. I have stated from the very start I'll keep you informed as needed. Until then relax and stop getting yourself all worked up for what amounts to a small deal...really this is a small deal Have faith
--

MrxBurrito

Davenport, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert See Profile
Feigning shock or offense is completely unnecessary. You forget that I know your posting style well...this isn't the first encounter I've had with you. You like to argue...I don't. I intentionally posted as much information as possible to avoid misunderstandings or worry about this subject and yet you took to creating a debate where none really is required. I'm not here to debate you and that's not going to change regardless of your responses.

I am not here to argue either, you brought the words debate, argument, negativity to the thread, not me. Also you might have me confused with someone else. I have never had any encounters with you or anyone on this forum. You don't know my style because I do not post much here, and if your or anyone else looks at my posting history will come to realize that. It is good to have a forum user here who happens to be employed by BHN come here and accuse his customers of initiating things. Said it once and will say it again, JDPower must be really proud right now.

Evidently this topic has put you in a very defensive position, You look at the thread and other threads about it, and whoever agrees with you get the kudos and whoever doesn't gets accused of arguing, debating and negativity and not knowing anything to the technology in question. Well, there are people out there that know, and you are the face of BHN here so all you can post about is company policy and biased opinions.

I don't think I am the one trying to argue here. All I did was post my experience as a customer and my concerns. And regardless of your answer, It did hit a nerve, It contradicted something you posted, and God forbids you contradict the expert. Immediately after that you begin with your accusations.

You are really good on the technical side, but you completely lack soft skills whenever someone disagrees with you.

Sorry for your troubles.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

I am not here to argue either, you brought the words debate, argument, negativity to the thread, not me. Also you might have me confused with someone else. I have never had any encounters with you or anyone on this forum. You don't know my style because I do not post much here, and if your or anyone else looks at my posting history will come to realize that. It is good to have a forum user here who happens to be employed by BHN come here and accuse his customers of initiating things. Said it once and will say it again, JDPower must be really proud right now.

Then why do you keep posting back with the same mantra completely ignoring the information I have provided multiple times in this thread and with the personal attacks MxBurrito? You forget that over a period of several days last November we had several in forums and PM discussions (I still have them )

Evidently this topic has put you in a very defensive position, You look at the thread and other threads about it, and whoever agrees with you get the kudos and whoever doesn't gets accused of arguing, debating and negativity and not knowing anything to the technology in question. Well, there are people out there that know, and you are the face of BHN here so all you can post about is company policy and biased opinions.

Not defensive at all. There's no reason to be. You are attempting to inflame the issue unnecessarily and when you don't get the answers you want you turn it personal...sorry not gonna play that...I hope you understand

I don't think I am the one trying to argue here. All I did was post my experience as a customer and my concerns. And regardless of your answer, It did hit a nerve, It contradicted something you posted, and God forbids you contradict the expert. Immediately after that you begin with your accusations.

You are repeating yourself...

You are really good on the technical side, but you completely lack soft skills whenever someone disagrees with you.

This isn't about me despite your attempts to make it that way...

Sorry for your troubles.

No apologies needed. I trust there will be no further need for discussion on this unless you have additional questions or I have an update and you have my word I'll post additional information as it becomes available or as it applies to you.

Take care...

--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1

Just to keep you updated as promised I hope to have updated information for you in the next few days and it will include some good news in some key areas of concern. There is no need to bump the thread if you don't hear from me as I know this is a prioriy and will post back when I can.

scanman1

2 edits

I know I can come across as arrogant, but I worked for 18 years as a telco tech III/fiber transport tech for one of the largest telco's.

So I do understand what your up against as far as getting new MOP's and ticketing system changes, and CLR/DLR's in place.

It does take time. Even if I pay the fee for a month, that's not a concern of mine.

I'm just trying to nudge the process along and hopefully get all the questions and issues that will arise sorted out in this thread.

I found the modem, but not the 12 volt power cable for the obsolete SB5101. They ended up in different junk drawers over the years.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to scanman1

Rest assured I'm doing plenty of nudging for everyone

picrthis

join:2009-12-24
Largo, FL
reply to scanman1

Here we freakin go again, they raised the price last year, and then they are raising the price yet again this year.......in addition to that they are now going to charge us for the modem that we've been paying for all these years, which is totally payed off for sure! So what the heck CHARGE for it now. They've figured out a way to raise our bill TWICE in one year.

Oh let's not forget 40mb wideband customers who they made pay them extra money to get that modem installed; that is money down the drain now if you roll your own.

No wonder 3rd world countries have much better bandwidth than the USA, cause they nickel & dime us all the way, AND so says the FCC. Bandwidth has been going DOWN year after year NOT up, except with the cable crooks.
AND you wonder why I dropped Cable TV completely?? Over-priced little value for the $$$ Antenna works just fine, and so does first rated RedBox Movies.

Time to downshift my speed, you raise the price I'm downshifting; in the end how much "extra" did you get???

Can't wait for FIOS in my area!!!