join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Veloslave

Re: Bottom line

once they begin throttling it after X gigabytes it won't be worth more than $10 a month, if anything. verizon learned to monetize data from AT&T's anti-competitive tactics so paying for unlimited really is paying for limited, they just thread the needle a different way.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·PHONE POWER

said by VIVID IMAGINATION :

once they begin throttling it after X gigabytes it won't be worth more than $10 a month, if anything. verizon learned to monetize data from AT&T's anti-competitive tactics so paying for unlimited really is paying for limited, they just thread the needle a different way.

Did you dream that up during a paranoid bad nights sleep or would you care to share a single shred of evidence?

(And FTR, in case it matters to anyone else suffering from delusional tel-com disorder) I do not use that kind of data all the time... most months are under a gig checking email but depending on the type of work or travel... I can really rack it up. I HAVE NEVER been subjected to, nor do I expect, any throttling. (And neither have some people's imaginations)
--
Mom was right.... I NEED fiber!