spc
uniqs
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to CptGemini

to CptGemini

Re: Throttling...

So at least for you, is it fair to say that regardless of the technical description of what AT&T does, throttling==service interruption?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

said by rradina:

So at least for you, is it fair to say that regardless of the technical description of what AT&T does, throttling==service interruption?

Pretty much but its in general. 56 kbps on a smartphone is god awful, a lot of apps that need the internet either won't work or take longer than most are willing to wait to load up. Actually during speedtesting the best I was able to pull was about 48 kbps and unthrottled I see up to and beyond 6mbps on my 3G phone.

EDIT: also most of the data used was from the market like updating apps, maybe uploading a backup of the phones data with maybe 1 or 2 downloads of something of a good size.

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA

Mizzat to rradina

Premium Member

to rradina
said by rradina:

Except he was talking about T-Mobile....
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Thanks for pointing that out. I completely missed that and based on the title of Karl's article, assumed AT&T.