how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

drofli

join:2004-02-22
Lakewood, NJ

Broadvoice problems

Is anyone else having problems with Broadvoice?

Get message "sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time" Incoming calls still working. In addition all three BV support numbers not working even from another line and there site implies that their main support number is having problems.

Sent email support request but no acknowledgement or response.

oregon

@bendbroadband.com

I am having the same problem in Oregon

drofli

Lakewood, NJ

I'm in New Jersey, so it must be widespread.

rescueworld

@charter.com
reply to drofli

Having the same problem with our three incoming lines. Can't receive any incoming calls and none of the broadvoice support lines ever pickup when you call them.

Bobmaluga

@frontiernet.net
reply to drofli

Same problem here. Cannot get through to support. Cannot make or receive calls.

jemfields

@netniche.com.au
reply to drofli

Dallas is having problems for both incoming and out going .. I redirected the service to the cell phone and the quality was really bad , tried google voice and same problem ... I can get an outgoing to happen every now and again and the quality i very bad ... Seems like a major bandwidth issue to the proxy ....

Anono

@ppstaffing.com
reply to drofli

I am having the same issue with several accounts in PA. Starting to wonder if the company went out of business.

drofli

Lakewood, NJ

Now seems to be working again. Just made call to the UK.

Ray4805

@rr.com

We are experencing the same here in Florida, forwarded to my Cell, as you so no Support. Are they still in Business ??

Gisely

@nuvox.net
reply to drofli

I have the same problem in Miami

bredick

@sbcglobal.net
reply to drofli

N. Detroit MI (586)
Cannot make calls
Cannot access voicemail by phone or online
Cannot use online call manager to initiate calls
Can receive calls, not sure if all calls are being received

arbert

@fect-computing.com
reply to drofli

I got a response from an email yesterday saying one of their proxy servers went down, but I believe it's more than that for this wide of a problems. We're already looking for other solutions--we've put up with their poor quality and support for far too long (all our fault--you get what you pay for)

eyetack

join:2002-09-05
Leicester, MA

Same problem here, particularly with the Boston proxy. Calls breakup bigtime on the way to my device. Can't complete any calls through the NY proxy, except to voicemail.

I'm not quite ready to get the HT-286 installed again to eliminate my SIP setup, but I may be there soon.
--
++I;

misiek

join:2000-12-25
Round Lake, IL
reply to drofli

Same here near Chicago. Can't make or receive calls.

drofli

Lakewood, NJ

Able to make some calls but quality very "choppy".

Got he following response to my email earlier today

"Greetings,

We are currently experiencing network issues that are impacting many of our customers. Our engineering team is working to resolve this problem and we expect full functionality to be restored soon. This issue is being monitored at the highest levels of our executive and engineering teams."

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
·Optimum Voice
·Vitelity VOIP
reply to arbert

said by arbert :

We're already looking for other solutions--we've put up with their poor quality and support for far too long (all our fault--you get what you pay for)

Nothing on their website, and they don't have a working Twitter or Facebook page. Not a good show.

Be aware that many of their DID numbers are with the CLEC Global NAPS (which actually is part of the same overall company as Broadvoice) and historically that CLEC has been known for being rather unfriendly to number porting.

DarrylHen

@rr.com
reply to arbert

Re: Broadvoice is Dying Fast - What is best Replacement??

Writing on the wall - going out of business - 2 days with no calls - they will be dead after loss of business anyway - time to all jump ship fast - What is the best replacement for calls anywhere on the globe and this cheap - Vonage? Any suggestions welcome!

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

There's many choices available. I recently signed up with Anveo. »www.anveo.com/

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk
reply to DarrylHen

Not sure of your usage but you have many many options that are probably cheaper than Broadvoice plans.

Some flat rate common ones that are mentioned here are
Voipo
Viatalk
Phonepower

Pay per call type

Callcentric
voip.ms
anveo

ray4805

@rr.com
reply to DarrylHen

I have been looking into a Skype Box, looks good at $14 month to 40 countries

jemfields

@netniche.com.au
reply to drofli

Re: Broadvoice problems

Looking at moving from Broadvoice ... I have been using Vonage for years but it does not allow direct sip lines ... I remember they where selling Sip trunks though wholesalers at one stage ... Does anyone have experience with a Vonage wholesaler ...

To Broadvoice - communications about the problem may actually keep you in business -

arbert

@fect-computing.com
reply to PX Eliezer7

Ya, my numbers all show as being owned by Level3...port friendly.

arbert

@fect-computing.com
reply to dcurrey

Re: Broadvoice is Dying Fast - What is best Replacement??

We just signed up with Nexvortex. A little more $ than broadvoice, but the setup was simple (asterisk PBX) and the quality has been good so far (only had it for a day lol).

Their support has emailed me back within 30minutes of sending something (unlike Bvoice that would take a couple days if they even bothered responding).

It does seem like our Bvoice is up and working now though.

eyetack

join:2002-09-05
Leicester, MA
reply to drofli

Re: Broadvoice problems

Looks like it's been more or less back since somewhere near 6:30p EDT. Oddly, however, I can't get DTMF working in voicemail when it's set up as it should be:

Feb  9 23:15:10.652: //77/BD5DE4A08044/SIP/Media/sipSPIUpdCallWithSdpInfo: 
        Preferred Codec        : g711ulaw, bytes :160
        Preferred  DTMF relay  : rtp-nte
        Preferred NTE payload  : 101
        Early Media            : No
        Delayed Media          : No
        Bridge Done            : No
        New Media              : No
        DSP DNLD Reqd          : No

Feb  9 23:15:10.652: //77/BD5DE4A08044/SIP/Media/sipSPISetMediaSrcAddr: Media src addr for stream 1 = 68.189.252.42
Feb  9 23:15:10.652: //77/BD5DE4A08044/SIP/Media/sipSPIUpdCallWithSdpInfo: 
          Stream type            : voice-only
          Media line             : 1
          State                  : STREAM_ADDING (2)
          Callid                 : 77
          Negotiated Codec       : g711ulaw, bytes :160
          Nego. Codec payload    : 0 (tx), 0 (rx)
          Negotiated DTMF relay  : inband-voice
          Negotiated NTE payload : 0 (tx), 0 (rx)
          Negotiated CN payload  : 0
          Media Srce Addr/Port   : 68.189.x.x:18610
          Media Dest Addr/Port   : 147.135.32.247:20838

It does work for other off-site calls, though, which is good.

--
++I;

arbert

@fect-computing.com

Alas, inbound is down this morning and can't even log into their portal

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
·Optimum Voice
·Vitelity VOIP

Similar stories at the Voxilla forum....

Samples:

NONE of the support numbers to Broadvoice is working.

No answer at any tech support number.

Second time within the past week that Broadvoice has had a major outage. Even Broadvoice Tech Support and Sales numbers are down, So is there cancellation number (unless this overloaded with all the customers cancelling their accounts).

Hey long time Broadvoice user here. I have never seen such an outage as I've been experiencing in the last 24 hours. I am in Chicago. You would think at a minimum they would post something about this outage on their web site or somewhere. A problem goes away much faster once you announce it.

My favorite tech support response from Broadvoice in the past is "this is VOIP what do you expect?" I responded at least 6 sigma of no down time. I think it is time to change service... after 7 years or so....

Anyone used Callcentric?

»forum.voxilla.com/threads/cant-m···t.32191/

arbert

@fect-computing.com

Exactly, if they would post a network status on their website, they would probably relieve some congestion with everyone trying to call support lines.

drofli

Lakewood, NJ

I agree. I can sometimes get outgoing to work but no incoming still. The total lack of communication, or ability to reach anyone, is enough to wipe out any loyalty I might have had.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
·Optimum Voice
·Vitelity VOIP

1 edit
reply to arbert

said by arbert :

Exactly, if they would post a network status on their website, they would probably relieve some congestion with everyone trying to call support lines.

No answer at support, and even their Fax number just rings and rings.

Not a good show.

-----------------------------

At their affiliate (and erstwhile parent) company, Convergent Networks, no human operator picks up the phone, it goes to voicemail after about 8 rings.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
·Optimum Voice
·Vitelity VOIP

1 edit
reply to eyetack

eyetack, you are located about an hour away from Broadvoice corporate HQ in Billerica, MA.

Have you considered going there and seeing what's going on?

Or you may even be able to give them some technical help!