join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DarkLogix

Re: New Switch Gear / Various Goodies

It makes sense rather than taxing the router, but they should migrate it to the switch realistically, since CEF can handle routing much easier than a process-based router.

That isn't set up all ready? I think that nic load balancing is one of the most important things on a mission critical server.

I have it set up a little differently at home. I have a 2811 that does NAT and basic firewall, which feeds a Layer 2 switch. Inter-vlan routing is handled in Hyper-V by Vyatta (previously handled by Nexus 1000V). I don't use my Layer 3 switches for anything other than as a test bed, due to noise and power requirements (not to mention lack of gigabit ports).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

ya we had setup nic load balancing but then just by random occurance at the same time symantec messed up and the nic load balancing was initialy blamed and when symantec was fixed the nic load balancing wasn't put back yet

and with the file/folder redirection (desktop/My documents/ect) being moved to the file server and then synced there are some throughput issues but we'd need to move the intervlan routing and thats just not going to happen

good companies shouldn't offload most of their main office IT work to contractors and then they shouldn't hire the contractors that lead them down a bad path.