WHoot Beta up this weekend!

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:1
reply to hstiffer85

said by hstiffer85:

Something like free for all? It's strange to let a bunch of ppl fight each other. I think, this game will enter in my "Iwannatryit" list.

really you think its strange? I think its strange that most mmos dont.offer that. Lineage 2 was awesome and it was open pvp. I think.its even more strange that you can see your.opponents health/lvl/stats. In my opinion that should be private.
--
dslreports.com

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to hstiffer85

It is a sub game. $14.99 a month like WoW. I went with a 6 month sub at $9.99. Some were scared that it would be a Korean Grinder but it is not. Everyone hit the beta cap on two characters allowed in the first beta weekend.

hstiffer85

join:2012-02-22
Calgary, AB
reply to I AM

The game will have a monthly fee like WoW after it's release or who want to exp faster or have better items can buy them for real money?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to hstiffer85

Open beta will start in about a month or so, I will keep you updated. Yeah it will pretty much be free for all on pvp servers.

hstiffer85

Calgary, AB
reply to I AM

Something like free for all? It's strange to let a bunch of ppl fight each other. I think, this game will enter in my "Iwannatryit" list.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to hstiffer85

Yes it is hard in pvp when people are running around. But that's the point of it. Anticipation and aiming.

- Also just to note that pvp servers will be open pvp for anyone that is not in your group or guild. That's gonna be crazy.

hstiffer85

Calgary, AB
reply to Archivis

Following your target in a battle isn't a little bit hard? When you have 5-6 friendly heroes and 5-6 enemies, you need to be a sharp eye to not miss your target. And if it's FF then much more heavier.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to I AM

That's pretty awesome. I just started playing a Warrior--feels like the combination of a Rogue, a little DA2 action, and The Witcher 2's dodging/evasion system (actually had my double-tapping my WASD keys in some fights trying to combat roll out of an axe swing).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to drew

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_bUNeZO···fuHO3x03

Here's just a short clip of some Warrior Combat. Not the great and I kept missing on my charge attack blah. I was level 21 and the two mobs were level 22. I thought I was going to faceroll them but it actually took some thinking. As you can see the AI is pretty decent and combat is strategic not such hack and slash.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to I AM

#2 screenshot reminds me of DA:O

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

Not too much yet. I just took some when I flying.

This is how it looks when you fly from City to City.

Going into the Main city.

Coming out of the Main City.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to I AM

Any pics?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

Cool. It's not hard to hit lvl cap which is at 22 atm.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to I AM

Yeah, i figured it out. Downloading now.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

Link? Did they send you an email? You log into your account and download. Man I can't stop playing. Movement was akward for about 5-10 minutes but once I got the hang of it AAHH!! Can't stop. The gameplay itself is excellent. Traditional guesting style very common to Aion. The game is not Korean Grindy at all. It's about 9/10 on meeting expectations to me.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to I AM

I just pre-ordered from En Masse, where's the beta link?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to bpoff17

I'm only like the 1500 person in que atm. haha.

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to drew

Thanks for the info! I'll try to do into this in a few weeks when I've got time between SWTOR and wife

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to bpoff17

There's tons of tuts out there for Vegas. I had to use one recently for the multi-camera stuff... That was by far the most complex I've ever had to edit and it was a BLAST
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to I AM

Voiceovers are a critical piece of any gameplay video.

Most headsets have decent enough microphones. Setup audacity (free!) and record through that rather than relying on FRAPS to do it.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to drew

I have a recording interface with a pretty decent mic as I use to do recording for fun but I'm too lazy to set it up just for this. I'll see how my headphone mic works. If it sucks I just won't do any voice overs.

bpoff17

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to drew

said by drew:

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of those things. Like I said, I was in a short time crunch for it (neighbor kids school project that he waited until the day before it was due to complete, did some googling found Sony Vegas trial and away I went).

I'm guessing they've got some useful how to videos somewhere for it? I'd like to dive more into it, so I can redo some old home movies so I look cooler than I actually was. Audio will be a key part in that!

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to bpoff17

Track could have been muted. Master volume could have been too low. Any number of things... There's a bazillion keyboard shortcuts that one could hit accidentally.

The only thing wrong with Vegas, really, is that rendering is a giant disaster unless you know a lot about video editting. They've done it a bit better in 10, but you still need to be confident of your choice, ESPECIALLY if you want audio with the video.
--

bpoff17

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to drew

said by drew:

Adding a separate audio track in vegas is almost painfully easy for anyone who has ever even peeked at a NLE.

What do I know though? I did edit a two camera wedding without having external timecode or the luxury of a clapboard... Audio syncing manually! Then overrode the on-camera audio with a recording from the soundboard.

Basically, I recorded the audio outside of Vegas, then drag and dropped the audio into the program. Preview didn't play the sound, so I figured I would render it and see what happens. Rendered it, no sound.

I swapped over to Movie Maker, drag and dropped the audio same way as Vegas, previewed, heard everything fine, made the movie and away I went. I never went back to Vegas to try and toy with it, since I got the finished product I needed.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to bpoff17

Adding a separate audio track in vegas is almost painfully easy for anyone who has ever even peeked at a NLE.

What do I know though? I did edit a two camera wedding without having external timecode or the luxury of a clapboard... Audio syncing manually! Then overrode the on-camera audio with a recording from the soundboard.
--

bpoff17

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to drew

I liked Vegas, but I was having a problem with getting a separate Audio file to play with previously recorded video. I could add the audio file fine in the Windows Movie Maker, so for the project I was doing I needed speed vs. professionalism.

I'll eventually tackle it again once I get free time.

drew
Automatic
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to bpoff17

Vegas works great.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to bpoff17

And about 150 people who had to double check to make sure it wasn't them.

bpoff17

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

I just realized that we had this conversation like 3 years ago in our PM history.

derp

Doh....

Here's a flashback for you.....

Perhaps it was too much of the stuff Kwito was running around the office at Elink trying to figure out who left their bag of a particular thing in the bathroom?