share rss forum feed
« Tivo QuestionsFinally upgraded... »
This is a sub-selection from ultra tv

sgc

join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL
reply to richkut

Re: ultra tv

Media Connect is included on Windows computers. It is a feature of Windows Media Player; not a standalone program. One of the others is free as well.

richkut

join:2012-02-10
Cleveland, OH

Thanks for the much-needed correction! I'm happy to know that I'm ready to roll with my Win 7 Pro PCs.

prospector00

join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL
reply to sgc

said by sgc:

Media Connect is included on Windows computers. It is a feature of Windows Media Player; not a standalone program. One of the others is free as well.

Right, that's how I understood it too. Apparently, Media Connect used to be a standalone program (hence the references to 2.0 out there) but is now part of Windows Media Player. I talked to the tech who will be setting me up this afternoon and he's anxious to work through this too, so I'll let everyone know how it comes out.

pcvtre

join:2012-01-27
Park Ridge, IL

Tech support just confirmed that you do not need a phone line. If you are connecting 4 or more TVs to the system, Direct TV is cheaper over a two year period. Looks like Wow is targeting 2 to 3 TV customers with their initial pricing. I assume it will eventually drop once the initial demand is met so they can compete with Dish and Direct TV.

boop

@wideopenwest.com

Yeah, for 2 TV's it's going to be nice. Going from 2 HD DVR's to Ultra TV on 2 TV's is actually going to save me money.