uniqs
share rss forum feed

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to FFH

Re: thats att for you

Well it is deceitful, as it's clearly marketing doublespeak. In the same breath, keeping up with how fast things are going up in use with both cell phone and wifi would be a good thing, as you can build out (at&t build out, LOL) with that in mind. However, this piece gives no distinction on the two, and I would have to agree with the article, no matter how slanted it is, that this is a deceitful articule written to gain support from dumb politicians.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Metatron2008:

Well it is deceitful, as it's clearly marketing doublespeak. In the same breath, keeping up with how fast things are going up in use with both cell phone and wifi would be a good thing, as you can build out (at&t build out, LOL) with that in mind. However, this piece gives no distinction on the two, and I would have to agree with the article, no matter how slanted it is, that this is a deceitful articule written to gain support from dumb politicians.

The whole reason for the existence of marketing departments is to put lipstick on a pig. Politicians are in the same exact business. I truly doubt any politicians are fooled by things put out by marketing departments.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

they dont have to be
but they will say any thing you want them to for the right price

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to FFH

Well yeah, bullshit articles without tons of cash under the table wouldn't fake a prostitute politician...

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by Metatron2008:

The whole reason for the existence of marketing departments is to put lipstick on a pig. Politicians are in the same exact business. I truly doubt any politicians are fooled by things put out by marketing departments.

Well then you don't know how politics works. The politicians have almost nothing to do with the data or bills. They spend their time drumming up campaign support. It's their young and inexperienced staffers, often with very little knowledge or understanding of the intrinsic issues, who the lobbyists meet with and are "taught" the new data. Those staffers then make recommendations to their bosses. So AT&T has a vested interest to convey their position.

Thus AT&T doesn't obfuscate and lie for the fun of it. They do it because it gets results, in large part because our political system is utterly broken.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by sonicmerlin:

said by FFH:

said by Metatron2008:

Well then you don't know how politics works. The politicians have almost nothing to do with the data or bills. They spend their time drumming up campaign support. It's their young and inexperienced staffers, often with very little knowledge or understanding of the intrinsic issues, who the lobbyists meet with and are "taught" the new data. Those staffers then make recommendations to their bosses. So AT&T has a vested interest to convey their position.

Thus AT&T doesn't obfuscate and lie for the fun of it. They do it because it gets results, in large part because our political system is utterly broken.

No I think the post previous to yours sums up the reality very well:
»Re: thats att for you
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/