Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Mele20

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62 Final

IE (ActiveX, ~3.5 or 8 MB respectively):

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.exe
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.exe

Netscape (Mozilla, Opera & all the rest; DLL, ~3.5 or 8 MB respectively):

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.exe
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.exe

They are also available in MSI installer varieties (~4 or 9 MB respectively):

IE:

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.msi

Netscape:

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.msi
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.msi

Uninstaller (229 KB):
hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe
hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe

The 64bit versions include both the 32 & 64-bit versions of Flash, but installer itself will only run/install on a 64-bit OS.
(So if you have a 32-bit OS, they will do you no good.)

»www.adobe.com/special/products/f···on3.html

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
Thank you.

Beware! This update CHANGED my Global Storage settings and Privacy settings. I don't understand why the settings that are available in Start/Control Panel/Flash Player are different from what is available on Adobe's website. I always check both places after an update. At least, Adobe finally fixed the display problem for the Settings panel. That problem appeared when Adobe first put Flash Player in the Control Panel. It has taken all this time for them to fix it.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by Mele20:

Beware! This update CHANGED my Global Storage settings and Privacy settings. I don't understand why the settings that are available in Start/Control Panel/Flash Player are different from what is available on Adobe's website. I always check both places after an update.

As do I. And it's pretty typical that the settings are changed (or go back to 'default settings' just like they want it to), when a new version is installed.
Then again (as most here know), I'm an OCD kind of guy. I always COMPLETELY uninstall the old version of flash, using the flash uninstaller (which is generally the same version number as the latest version of flash, as far as I've seen in the past). Not only that, but I check for any other remnants, even after using the uninstaller.
Then, after installing the new version, I recheck my settings both in the relatively 'new' flash section in the control panel, as well as the good ol' on-line 'global settings manager'.
After all, it's stuff like this that gives me a reason to live.

Some people think I'm absolutely crazy and way over the edge. I suspect they're probably right.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.