All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« MLB.TVNo Suprise »
This is a sub-selection from Not using because ....

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
reply to voiptalk

Re: Not using because ....

I have a 70" Sharp Aquos. I connected it when I first got it. But I haven't found a reason to use any of the connectivity features. I already use my PS3 for streaming content from my computer. Sure, the TV has Hulu and Netflix apps, but 1) they're overpriced and the quality sucks, and 2) I can access Netflix through my PS3, XBox 360, and Wii if I really wanted to.

nothing00

join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY
I just got that set as well. The streaming quality is less than the streaming quality of my computer that's also connected to it. Not worth the hassle especially with its lousy interface.

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
Reviews:
·Hargray Cable
reply to thegeek
said by thegeek:

I have a 70" Sharp Aquos. I connected it when I first got it. But I haven't found a reason to use any of the connectivity features. I already use my PS3 for streaming content from my computer. Sure, the TV has Hulu and Netflix apps, but 1) they're overpriced and the quality sucks, and 2) I can access Netflix through my PS3, XBox 360, and Wii if I really wanted to.

I have a Vizio for the bedroom and I use Netflix and Flingo. Not one other feature on the TV useful. Face Book? With no keyboard? That's as useful as a fart in a wind storm. Weather app sucks, no Hulu but Hulu Plus. You are much better off getting a Roku or a cheap laptop to connect to your TV I would go cheap laptop.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to thegeek
said by thegeek:

Sure, the TV has Hulu and Netflix apps, but 1) they're overpriced and the quality sucks,

That happens when you try to do it all.
you do it all but nothing well.