how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

haggishelper

join:2010-03-31
Mesa, AZ

What happened to just using a monitor

When I was in the market for a new TV several years ago the Plasma TVs were all the rage for picture quality etc... I wanted to save money and just buy a monitor with out the tuner integrated. I was unable to purchase this type of item for the size that I wanted to get. If a customer does have other devices that provide content why not sell a bare-bones TV/monitor in the larger sizes.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
said by haggishelper:

When I was in the market for a new TV several years ago the Plasma TVs were all the rage for picture quality etc... I wanted to save money and just buy a monitor with out the tuner integrated. I was unable to purchase this type of item for the size that I wanted to get. If a customer does have other devices that provide content why not sell a bare-bones TV/monitor in the larger sizes.

Try Microcenter.com (a computer store). I remember seeing monitors in the 40+" range having both HDMI and DVI inputs. You might be able to find these larger sizes online. Biggest might be 50" for 52-70 inch range they're going to be HDTVs of various kinds.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to haggishelper
with how many people use cable/sat these days I am surprised that the companies have not started to sell TVs without the tuner.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports