spc
uniqs

mack1951
Universal Soldier
join:2000-04-18
Bayonne, NJ

mack1951 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: [Equipment] Current top Android phones?

I have the Droid Razr and I love it. The Razr Maxx is out now and while it is a little thicker the battery life is the best around. Samsung has the Galaxy Nexus which has the latest OS ice cream sandwich but the phone felt cheaper made to me. You will not lose unlimited if you go to a 4g phone, you are Grandfathered.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by mack1951:

You will not lose unlimited if you go to a 4g phone, you are Grandfathered.

Good to know, thanks to both of you. I just assumed they would claim "oh, you only get unlimited 3G, if you want 4G you gotta switch to a current plan." Guess they're not the sneaky corporate schmucks we think they are all the time.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to mack1951

Premium Member

to mack1951
Any idea if and when VZW might push ICS to the Razr/Razr Maxx and what worthwhile features it would add?

Also, the Droid 4 is out and getting surprisingly good (or at least much better than I expected) preliminary user reviews on the VZW website. Sometimes I really miss having a physical QWERTY keyboard.

Too bad VZW is so heavily invested in Motorola (or is it now Google?) smartphones. After a year and a half with a quirky Droid X I'd be happy to abandon Motorola if only there were a decidedly better option. I'm fully eligible for an upgrade in early April.

mack1951
Universal Soldier
join:2000-04-18
Bayonne, NJ

mack1951

If you like a physical keyboard the Droid 4 is the way to go. I never had any problems with my Droid X and really prefer Motorola phones because they always felt better built to me. As for ICS the date being mentioned is sometime in the 2nd Quater but who knows for sure. I like the Razr the way it is so I hope they don't rush the update.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Steely

Premium Member

to Steely
said by Steely:

After a year and a half with a quirky Droid X I'd be happy to abandon Motorola if only there were a decidedly better option. I'm fully eligible for an upgrade in early April.

I'm in the same boat. inexplicable slow-downs or lock-ups to the point that the power button doesn't even help you get out of it (gotta take the battery out to do a hard reset). I've tried app-killers and everything short of rooting it but it still feels slow and bloated.

However, if the Razr Maxx doesn't have these issues, I have no other problem with getting new Motorola phones. Definitely be interesting to see what Google-Motorola puts out in the next two years.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

I can upgrade at a "discounted" price right now but if I wait until early April I qualify for an extra $50 off. Besides, by then they might have some more attractive options or perhaps a lower price on the present models.