how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OhReally

@alter.net
reply to Lone Wolf

Re: $8 Billion For This?

Nice to see racism is alive and well even on a site like this. Yeah, because everyone knows just because someone has a different color skin they must all be poor and on a prepaid phone because they can't get a postpaid one.
Not only is that display your racism, it also displays your ignorance: only those with the absolute worst credit cannot get a postpaid cell phone...virtually all carriers will allow you to get one if you put up a deposit (typically of $150-$250, depending upon the phone and plan). Yes, that is a lot of money but considering you have to pay a non discounted price for a phone on prepaid plans the difference is minimal.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

said by OhReally :

Nice to see racism is alive and well even on a site like this. Yeah, because everyone knows just because someone has a different color skin they must all be poor and on a prepaid phone because they can't get a postpaid one.
Not only is that display your racism, it also displays your ignorance: only those with the absolute worst credit cannot get a postpaid cell phone...virtually all carriers will allow you to get one if you put up a deposit (typically of $150-$250, depending upon the phone and plan). Yes, that is a lot of money but considering you have to pay a non discounted price for a phone on prepaid plans the difference is minimal.

um, he was just playing a MetroPCS commercial. The people in it represent the customer MetroPCS wants...how is he racist for just playing their own commercial. If I play a Mcdonald's commercial with black people in it that makes me racist?
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to OhReally
He was telling the truth. MetroPcs caters to that particular market. In many areas, boost mobile does the same. It's not being racist. It's knowing your market!

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to inteller
It was racist in how his remarks were "I doubt if any of their current customers can qualify for a contract with any cell carrier" suggesting the demographics portrayed in the commercial are a bad credit risk. While I have a white finance professor that has a prepaid phone, is he a bad credit risk? NO he simply can't justify the cost of a subsidized monthly contract phone with how little he calls.