uniqs
share rss forum feed

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Cable Card] Self Install Kits

Does anyone know if comcast will ship out self install kids for cablecards yet? Last year it was you had to go pick them up at the office. Which is of course only open when 90% of us have work... They seem to ship out SIK's for everythign else anymore

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
no ones heard anything?

wolfofone

join:2012-02-22
united state
reply to neufuse
Well, they told me they would ship one out... but then a tech ended up coming out and they sent me two DVRs and a modem that I now have to find some way to return LOL

I would think that they would be able to but with CCs being as flaky as they are, maybe they do require you to pick them up or someone to bring them out to you on the chance that the first card is bad.

snevl
Premium
join:2002-12-15
Aurora, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to neufuse
Sorry to be late responding to your question, but...

I didn't ask for a cablecard to be sent to me, but did pick one up at a Comcast service center some months ago. There were no instructions with it, but the service rep wrote a phone number on a sticky, which I called to activate the card once it was in my HTPC/Ceton.

Some time earlier I wanted a cable card for our Tivo (early last year), and at that time they didn't allow self-installs. I think the new FCC rules require that they allow self-installs.

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
They are required to offer self-installs, and you can either pick up the cards or have them sent to you, think they charge $10 for that.