BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to Ben

Re: [Parts Check] Video or no?

You have to spend generally over $100 to beat the performance of an onboard intel gpu, otherwise it will perform worse. This wasn't a secondary thought, they knew they had to keep up with at least basic performance, and can even run some games decently. Ram is generally cheaper than a video card, if you feel it's necessary bump yourself up to 8GB, but these onboard gpus don't tend to use more than 512 to my knowledge.

The onboard on the amd boards/processors is similar also, but their onboards vary more than the intels do, either way, old gaming cards are generally becoming the equvalent of more recent onboard video. If you don't need gaming performance onboard is still more cost effective even if you upgrade the ram.

I should also add the way the intel cpu/gpu processes video editing it's far faster than your standard dedicated video card, without reading exactly how it does it again, the reasoning for it is because it shares the same bus as the cpu.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey
I've got 2x4gb ram already. Enough?

asdfdfdfdfdf

@myvzw.com
I've got 2x4gb ram already. Enough?

yes

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Sweet Witch
For the average user that is more than enough, and gives you room for extra. For what the prices are now might as well go 8GB.