how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lumpy9138
Premium
join:2003-12-19
Elgin, IL

Anyone else having problems with Sprint?

I can't make or receive phone calls in the Elgin area. Anyone else having this problem?

tmd

@wideopenwest.com

This has been an ongoing problem for us for the last 3-4 weeks. We are in zip code 60123. Every time I call Customer Service I am told a tower is down and it will be several days before it is up.

lumpy9138
Premium
join:2003-12-19
Elgin, IL

I'm in 60120. I haven't been able to make or receive calls for about three hours now. Tried two separate phones.

AceMon

@sbcglobal.net

I'm having the exact same problem. I can't make or receive calls on my EVO 4G or my gf's Optimous S. I'm in Elgin 60120 by Villa St. and Rt. 20

diamond

@comcast.net
reply to lumpy9138

Same problem in zip code 60013 - withtwo different phones.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL
reply to lumpy9138

My daughters' service with Virgin mobile has been disrupted in Elgin since about 3 pm.

fractalspher

join:2001-07-17
Chicago, IL
reply to lumpy9138

I'm in Chicago proper at 60618 and occasionally (for weeks and weeks now) get the "Network is busy. Please try again later" message when trying to make a call - sometimes takes me 3-4 times to get a call through.

Honestly, this seems like it started just the same way AT&Ts service started to decline - as soon as they brought aboard the iPhones.
--
FractalSphere - "Maybe it's in the basement, I'll go upstairs and check" - M.C. Escher

Mandgin0

@comcast.net

I just got off the phone with several reps and the issue is basically they are overloaded. To many numbers on to few towers and they cannot handle it they claimed the issue would be fixed in September!!!! They even offered to waive any termination fees for me. Guess its time to say goodbye to Sprint!!!!!

Such BS!!!!

whymeintrouble
Premium
join:2001-06-20
Naperville, IL
reply to lumpy9138

I think sprint is having issues not only with regular sprint phones, but the nextel - next gen phones as well. we have on of the moto phones that run on 1900mhz and let me tell you, it sucks. not sure what is going on, might be just this particular phone, but constant non-connects is upsetting.

Caseyvaught

@comcast.net
reply to lumpy9138

Yeah, I am in plainfeild and I am missing almost every call and i get my texts about 1 to 2 hours late. Witch is costing me MONEY. It sucks.

whymeintrouble
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to lumpy9138

according to what I heard when swapping out a phone, the plainfield/joliet area is all messed up. even out to Morris is as well. the excuse I heard was the Solar flares we had messed up the satellite(s) some how. was suppose to be fixed this last Sunday, but that didn't happen. I feel sorry for whoever is a Sprint rep right now. must really suck to try and sell service.

scooby
Premium
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ooma

said by whymeintrouble:

according to what I heard when swapping out a phone, the plainfield/joliet area is all messed up. even out to Morris is as well. the excuse I heard was the Solar flares we had messed up the satellite(s) some how. was suppose to be fixed this last Sunday, but that didn't happen. I feel sorry for whoever is a Sprint rep right now. must really suck to try and sell service.

That makes no sense at all. Sprint does not use satellites for anything.
--
"I want to legalize freedom" – Ron Paul

NefariusFool

join:2012-03-28
Chicago, IL
reply to whymeintrouble

Well Sprint took down 100% of their Nextel Towers this past couple months. They are "applying newer improved Towers" of course with that is a ton of problems and signal coverage. I hope they resolve this soon this is unbearable.

StepR
Code Warrior
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL
reply to lumpy9138

Is anyone having problems with the clock being reset? My daughter complains that the clock shifts to standard time. This morning the alarm rang at 4:10 am instead of 5:10.

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

That was the satellites too.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to StepR

Yesterday when I got out of the car after work, I noticed that the clock on my iPhone 4S read 4:53 instead of 5:53. It's the first time I have seen that on any Sprint phone, and I've been a customer for 11 years. I don't know if it's limited to the iPhone.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

Hesher
Premium
join:2002-09-26
Sycamore, IL
reply to lumpy9138

I'm in Sycamore. Tons of problems. this is my business line. I can't even complete a call in my office now.

Sprint basically says.....too bad. This is the worst customer service that I've ever had. Not only will they not give me a credit, they won't waive an early termination fee.

Up until now, I've been about 80% satisfied with Spring (other than paying $10 a month for 4g that I've never been able to use....they said my area would have it in late 2010....early 2011....still nothing). Of course if I travel 10 miles from my house, I don't get service, but that's in the middle of the country, so I just deal with that.

I've been on the phone with them for 40 minutes. The last thing they did was transfer me to whoever is supposed to give me a credit and an airwave........of course they transferred me, but nobody there knows what I'm talking about.

WOW!

Hesher
Premium
Sycamore, IL

HA. Now they said they'll agree to early termination without a fee (my contract is up in 3 months) and they said if they do that I need to send back both of my EVO's that I paid for. I'm so over Sprint!

Hesher
Premium
Sycamore, IL

And update. Emailed CEO and chief of service. Recieved a call tonight and an email as well.....pretty shocked there was any response at all.

Bogey888

@FoxValley.net
reply to lumpy9138

For just about a week now, when I'm in Elgin, my Evo Design shows weather for Lily Lake! I may be mistaken, but I assumed this is because the application lists the weather local to the tower from which the phone is receiving a signal. . . Also, the connection is dropped fairly often. It's a little disturbing to have a signal quality drop of this duration, as the ability to use the internet is one of the most useful features of a smart phone. . . I thought. . .

Charlene

join:2012-04-09
reply to lumpy9138

I have been on the phone with Sprint since March 18th and nothing has been done. If I cancel my account they want to charge me $200.00 per phone and mind you I have a family plan with 4 phones. My daughter just rec'd a new phone after they tried to fix it and guess what shes been on the phone twice today. Shes been transfer-ed 4 times already. They told us that the bad weather in southern Illinois. WHAT A BIG JOKE. I HATE THIS. My zip code is 60148

Chicago

@honeywell.com
reply to lumpy9138

Let me start by saying that I have been with Sprint for 10+yrs, and thru these years I have experienced service problems but nothing to the degree that is going on now. I have been dealing with these "Upgrading tower" "capacity issues" since January of 2011 got to the point that I had a Sprint Corp Rep contact me on a bi-monthly basis to let me know that they are still working on the issues and will get them resolved ASAP. So last year finally they got it all fixed by mid August and I request some sort of compensation for all the ":Lack of sevice" and I was granted 50% six months service all in a lump sum, that was very kind of them especially after constantly calling Sprint for help on no one there really knowing what was going on making up or giving ficticious dates for completion. Then this year again with the same and worst issues, dropped calls, no service what so ever, so I call Sprint and tell them of all the problems and basically was told I need to just be patient while they work on the problem. I guess Sprint finally got tired of me calling them and asking them for help on issues and to ask when things would be fixed, cause yesterday I recieved a call from a Corp. Rep. stating, "I can not guarantee when these tickets will be completed for the network issues that I am experiencing, so our final offer for you would be to allow you to waive your contract and cancel the service. So if that is something I want to do or interested in please contact me back at(Miranda) 850-636-4271, again if you do not want to keep the service because of the issues you've had in the Chicago area we are willing to let you out of your contract with no penalty fee". So basically either shut up and take it or here is your way out, we dont want you with Sprint any more. Talk about caring about your Customers. Loyal customers at that. This is unfortuant for Sprint. They are upgrading there service for customers who they are pushing away.

whymeintrouble
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Hesher

said by Hesher:

And update. Emailed CEO and chief of service. Recieved a call tonight and an email as well.....pretty shocked there was any response at all.

can you elaborate on this more, what was said?

Hesher
Premium
Sycamore, IL

said by whymeintrouble:

said by Hesher:

said by whymeintrouble:

said by Hesher:

Basically, I received a call from a customer care director. Very apologetic, very nice. He agreed to give me a credit and send me an air wave free of charge. He said that while in my area the scheduled completion is the end of June (I'm in DeKalb County) but they expect it to be finished in a month. If in a month I'm still getting the same service that I can contact him directly. If in the meantime I decide that I can't handle the service anymore that I can call him and get cancelled out at no charge......please note that customer service said $50 per line etf (contract up in July) and if they waive the ETF I would have to send back all of my handsets (that I paid for???!!!????). We have 2 evos and another junk cell phone.

It's gotten so bad that I'm going to go buy a track phone.

Yesterday I dropped 15 calls....I was mostly in Elgin to St. Charles Randall Rd corridor and then west on 38 towards DeKalb.

Today, I've only been in Sycamore DeKalb. I have now received 6 voice mails where my phone never even rang.....God only knows how many calls I've missed without someone leaving a message.

fractalspher

join:2001-07-17
Chicago, IL
reply to lumpy9138

I was/am still having the same issues with Sprint. I've only had them for 2 years, and being nearly eligible for an upgrade/contract renewal I got on the phone with them and complained.

My complaint went something like this... "Hi, seeing as my cellphone is my ONLY phone number, I need to be able to make and receive phone calls IN MY HOUSE. Pretty much everywhere else is no problems, but at home it's terrible - and this is a NEW problem. Only the last few months.. If I can't get service here, I will find someone that does".

They proceeded to credit my account $25, and ship me one of their Sprint Airwave units for free and with no subscription - explaining that the minor outages some folks are experiencing, in and around Chicago anyway, are their upgrades from WiMiax to LTE on the towers all over Chicagoland.

Considering they shipped me the airwave, which has drastically (95%) reduced my problems. I'm OK with this solution.

Hopefully some others can also play into this...? Good luck!
--
FractalSphere -
"Maybe it's in the basement, I'll go upstairs and check" - M.C. Escher