share rss forum feed

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
reply to 88615298

Re: hollywood hates money?

That 100 billion belongs to me (as an AAPL shareholder). I don't want Apple to donate my money to Hollywood

But if Apple wants to use some of that money to buy Disney, and the return on investment for Disney is higher than having 100 billion sitting at the bank, then go for it.

From a regulatory point of view, Apple might have enough cash to buy all of hollywood, but the government wouldn't allow that. Something about monopoly and anti trust laws.

Buying cable companies might be another way to get the job done.

But it is becoming apparent that Apple TV isn't going to happen this year.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

Corporations have a responsibility to do what's in the best interest of the corporation and to make the most profit for it's shareholders.

And you're right, APPLE can't ever buy all of Hollywood.. that would never happen.. but you cut an apple into a bunch of smaller pieces and call them all something else, it's amazing what you can do.

The corporate world has been very clever and doing what ever it really wants underneath the noses of everyone, including the government. Just look at the banking industry over the last 100 years to understand that one.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to jfmezei

said by jfmezei:

That 100 billion belongs to me (as an AAPL shareholder). I don't want Apple to donate my money to Hollywood

So Apple spend says $5 billion a year to acquire content for their subscription service which they charge say $20 a month and they get say 30 million subscribers. That $7.2 billion year on a $5 billion investment. You are against that?