how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

taznumber1

join:2003-12-26
reply to Mik3NC

Re: [TWC] New Modem = Speed Capped?

Why did you buy a modem for use with twc, they provide them for no charge to use their services, and replace them if they are broke? As a FYI they are not allowing you to use your own modem and take advantage of doscis 3.0. The only service is extreme and wideband that take advantage of doscis 3.0 and channel bonding, with those services they will give you a new all in one wireless router and modem and you must use those modems. You can bridge these modems either yourself or thru tier 3 support depending on your area.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
said by taznumber1:

Why did you buy a modem for use with twc, they provide them for no charge to use their services, and replace them if they are broke? As a FYI they are not allowing you to use your own modem and take advantage of doscis 3.0. The only service is extreme and wideband that take advantage of doscis 3.0 and channel bonding, with those services they will give you a new all in one wireless router and modem and you must use those modems. You can bridge these modems either yourself or thru tier 3 support depending on your area.

Not sure if your talking to me or someone else but i didn't buy my own cable modem recently. I've owned it for well over a year. When i signed up (with wideband) they gave me a ubee modem and i had nothing with problems with it. Even in bridge mode. It was honestly just easier hooking up my motorola 6120 and using my linksys e4200 router. (The last straw was under no configuration could i get my IMS wifi calling on my android to work)
Not a problem now. And with one phone call, they registered my own customer owned modem and i was online again in a few minutes. No hassle. I don't care about leasing. With all my previous providers, i usually ended up with crappy modems.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan