BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr

Re: Has anyone else had this problem with the 8300HD??

said by marrr:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Marr Samsung boxes are low availability at the moment. Your other option is a Cisco or to use component video.

How come you guys don't have any Samsung boxes available? is it because you guys are trying to save them for new subscribers only?

Um no... why you would even think something like that completely escapes me. If you must know there are some that absolutely insist on Samsung because they stretch the guide or for some reason think they are better than Cisco despite the Cisco 86/87 series being newer and night and day faster than the Samsung. The Samsung also plays nicer with some 3rd party devices.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by marrr:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Marr Samsung boxes are low availability at the moment. Your other option is a Cisco or to use component video.

How come you guys don't have any Samsung boxes available? is it because you guys are trying to save them for new subscribers only?

Um no... why you would even think something like that completely escapes me. If you must know there are some that absolutely insist on Samsung because they stretch the guide or for some reason think they are better than Cisco despite the Cisco 86/87 series being newer and night and day faster than the Samsung. The Samsung also plays nicer with some 3rd party devices.

I specifically requested Samsung boxes because of the guide, but also because I had minimal problems with those boxes. I had the older Cisco boxes, the SA boxes and always had issues with either HDMI, box lock ups, etc. When I switched to Samsung, I noticed the guides were significantly faster and I loved the stretched guide.

Since the stretched guide is such a biggie for a lot of people, given the fact that people are requesting the Samsung mainly for this reason. Can't someone figure out why the Samsung boxes stretch the guide while all other boxes don't?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by gigahurtz:

I specifically requested Samsung boxes because of the guide, but also because I had minimal problems with those boxes. I had the older Cisco boxes, the SA boxes and always had issues with either HDMI, box lock ups, etc. When I switched to Samsung, I noticed the guides were significantly faster and I loved the stretched guide.

Since the stretched guide is such a biggie for a lot of people, given the fact that people are requesting the Samsung mainly for this reason. Can't someone figure out why the Samsung boxes stretch the guide while all other boxes don't?

Truth be told it's not supposed to stretch the guide. We've discussed this in the past GH.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

I know we've discussed this but I never knew it wasn't supposed too. The last I remember it was unknown as to why it stretched the guide, but didn't realize it wasn't supposed to.

Either way, an option for users to choose to stretch the guide or not would be a simple way to alleviate the need for people wanting a Samsung box. Obviously, since Samsung boxes are hard to find that a good chunk of users like the stretch guide (since there really isn't much of a difference with anything else on the Samsungs except that they play better with third party hardware) it would be a feature that people would like to have. That's my opinion, anyway.
marrr
join:2001-01-02
Bradenton, FL

marrr to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

It was just something that came to mind.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by marrr:

said by BHNtechXpert:

It was just something that came to mind.

You must have had a flasback from an experience with another provider. It's okay... you can wake up from that nightmare now