share rss forum feed

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to AndrewW

Re: [Newsgroups] Newsgroups and DMCA Takedowns

I've been finding alot of older stuff is missing with astraweb. Astraweb seems to be slow in responding to DMCA notices. So anything posted recently on astraweb is ok, but alot of older posts have the issues.

All they really do is remove some of the posts so the file doesn't work. I think most usenet providers follow dmca notices now. Since they only take down parts of the file, get a fill server.

Most people download recent stuff anyways, but it'll come handy if you need to download something old. Blocknews is another block service if you use astraweb as your main provider.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
I havent had problems with real old articles with Astra but they do have issues with articles around the 300 day range. If you get something from that range, it won't complete. It isn't a DMCA issue, it is some technical foul up they had back some months ago and never resolved.

AndrewW

join:2009-03-07
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to zod5000
said by zod5000:

I've been finding alot of older stuff is missing with astraweb. Astraweb seems to be slow in responding to DMCA notices. So anything posted recently on astraweb is ok, but alot of older posts have the issues.

All they really do is remove some of the posts so the file doesn't work. I think most usenet providers follow dmca notices now. Since they only take down parts of the file, get a fill server.

Most people download recent stuff anyways, but it'll come handy if you need to download something old. Blocknews is another block service if you use astraweb as your main provider.

I have a fill server.