All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wired4life

@cableone.net
reply to Pashune

Re: Anything on new Residential or Business plans?

I got an account notification from Cableone stating that my rate was going to go from $43 a month (5Mb plan) to $50. I've been with them for 7 years. So hold on to your butts...no more grandfathered in for a lower rate.

I'm switching to Century Link because for a full year (7Mb plan) is about $35 a month and at the 13 month mark it goes up to $45. Still cheaper then Cablenone!

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
said by wired4life :

I got an account notification from Cableone stating that my rate was going to go from $43 a month (5Mb plan) to $50. I've been with them for 7 years. So hold on to your butts...no more grandfathered in for a lower rate.

I'm switching to Century Link because for a full year (7Mb plan) is about $35 a month and at the 13 month mark it goes up to $45. Still cheaper then Cablenone!

U-verse is in my area (up to 18 meg; funny that I used to only be able to get 1.5 meg DSL here..), but I have a grudge with AT&T so I'm standing my ground with CableOne for as long as I can.

My rate is still $53 per month for 10 meg. I haven't received any notices regarding a price increase at this time.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to wired4life
Wired4life

Hello, We are happy to hear you are interested in new services we can help answer questions or set up new services for you. You can reach us via email at talktous@centurylink.com

Thanks
Patti
Centurylink Help

mgr

@96.19.199.x
reply to Pashune
I too got one of those notices. I missed out on the 10mb bandwagon. I don't like the low data caps, but Uverse is like 250GB cap I can get 18mb plan for about what im paying now. This is cableones slick way of forcing you to upgrade or pay more to stay put. I have about had it with Cableone. I would rather stay with a cable internet service i wish we had Charter in our area.