uniqs

Skittles_
@direcway.com

Skittles_ to Doc Lithius

Anon

to Doc Lithius

Re: [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

said by Doc Lithius:

Man... You are getting much better results than I ever have on HughesNet. You must have a perfectly clear shot at the horizon where you live. As of late, my connection to any given game has had roughly double the ping I used to get. (Around 2,000 ms, up from roughly 900 ms-1,200 ms.) I'm kind of jealous. XD

...really? Wow. Okay, I live in Ohio and yeah, Its pretty clear view where its pointing, not a tree blocking it. So yeah, I guess I'm just lucky.

Didn't get the chance to try CEA today. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Doc Lithius
join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI

Doc Lithius to Skittles_

to Skittles_
Man... You are getting much better results than I ever have on HughesNet. You must have a perfectly clear shot at the horizon where you live. As of late, my connection to any given game has had roughly double the ping I used to get. (Around 2,000 ms, up from roughly 900 ms-1,200 ms.) I'm kind of jealous. XD

Skittles_
@direcway.com

Skittles_ to Skittles_

Anon

to Skittles_
said by Skittles_ :

Okay I have L4D2 and Portal 2's results.

Left 4 Dead 2 (A little playable to an Extent)- I only played survival with 4 other people and the connection was only 1 bar and my ping was 992. I haven't tried it with any friends or in a smaller group.

Portal 2 (Unplayable) - I try to connect with another user and it connects, but it will load and then will say "Waiting for partner..." and it will give a error saying "Disconnected from Server". I'm not sure if its playable with anyone closer or with a friend.

I have an Update for Portal 2.

ITS SOMEWHAT PLAYABLE. I finally connected to the server and got to play Co - op, yet, If your the host, you wont get much lag, but the other person will. Same way around, if you join, you'll lag like crazy. I don't know about 2 hughes net players playing together.

Left 4 Dead is still Left for Dead.

Anyway, Today I might test if Co - Op on Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for Xbox 360 for campaign. Not sure about the results, but its worth trying.

I can also try other games out, too. Just give me a few days. I have to see if my friend wants to.

Here is Toon Town's result:

Toon Town (Almost Fully Playable): Actually, it works! Just a bit of lag here and there. Just don't expect to win some of the Trolly games. :l

So yeah. More soon

Pheonix
@direcway.com

Pheonix to Skittles_

Anon

to Skittles_
My friend and I played 3 matches on MW3 last night once I got my NAT type down to moderate. I had 1 bar the whole game and lagged so bad I couldn't kill him. Also, I can confirm that IMVU works with turbo page disabled and that Killzone 3 works sometimes.

Skittles_
@direcway.com

Skittles_ to Doc Lithius

Anon

to Doc Lithius
Okay I have L4D2 and Portal 2's results.

Left 4 Dead 2 (A little playable to an Extent)- I only played survival with 4 other people and the connection was only 1 bar and my ping was 992. I haven't tried it with any friends or in a smaller group.

Portal 2 (Unplayable) - I try to connect with another user and it connects, but it will load and then will say "Waiting for partner..." and it will give a error saying "Disconnected from Server". I'm not sure if its playable with anyone closer or with a friend.