Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to Automate

Re: Let it go

Verizon operates in some of the most affluent counties in the US, yet they still stopped rolling out FiOS to those areas. I'm not sure why they did that but I don't think that your bullet points are going to get them to startup again. They have some other agenda in motion.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40
said by jjeffeory:

Verizon operates in some of the most affluent counties in the US, yet they still stopped rolling out FiOS to those areas. I'm not sure why they did that but I don't think that your bullet points are going to get them to startup again. They have some other agenda in motion.

IMO, VZ, especially now with a CEO from the wireless side, loves the profit margin of wireless and are putting nearly all money into LTE. Their unwillingness to negotiate a new contract with the union seems to indicate they aren't interested very much with the wire line side with its union employees.
--
RIP my babies Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07, Beamer 7/24/08, & Bows 12/17/94-10/11/09

Automate

join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA
I think it is only a matter of time until over-the-top TV comes. Maybe Apple, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, who knows which one will be first. Over-the-top home HD TV and 4G will not mix well.