All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« It's not just cox
This is a sub-selection from Screw your caps Cox.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

reply to houkouonchi

Re: Screw your caps Cox.

you downloading 20 TB a month is why companies have caps. it's called REASONABLE useage.

Uncomm0n

join:2005-04-21
Centreville, VA

I got news for ya buddy. When a connection is labeled "UNLIMITED" especially FiOS, ANY amount of usage is reasonable. The only way it would be unreasonable is if its not labeled "UNLIMITED"

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to 88615298

Hes paying over $400 a month for a 450 mb connection. For that kind of money and that kind of bandwidth 20TB, he *can* do a total of 130TB a month so hes using less than 1/6th of what he can use. Only using 1/6th of what you pay for hardly seems unreasonable to me.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to 88615298

20TB is completely reasonable. That's only 15% utilization of his $400/month connection. Maybe after 100TB you could say he was downloading a lot, but even then the ISP has no right to complain since they chose to offer such a fat pipe

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

you downloading 20 TB a month is why companies have caps. it's called REASONABLE useage.

No its not. caps are all about preserving LUCRATIVE VIDEO revenues

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

Please define what is reasonable? Most people have there own definition of what they consider reasonable. The others just go with the flow.

Kamus

join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX
reply to 88615298

"you downloading 20 TB a month is why companies have caps. it's called REASONABLE useage."

And yet he CAN use it and no, the sky isn't falling.

People that think that using a connection that is already there more than other people are somehow causing problems don't know the first thing about networking.

ScottNJ

join:2003-04-13
Hackensack, NJ

said by Kamus:

"you downloading 20 TB a month is why companies have caps. it's called REASONABLE useage."

And yet he CAN use it and no, the sky isn't falling.

People that think that using a connection that is already there more than other people are somehow causing problems don't know the first thing about networking.

It seems like many people are falling for the propaganda the ISP's are pushing. They were already on the record complaining that Google and other content providers were making a profit off of them. If they had their way they would block or severely throttle Netflix and iTunes. Bandwidth usage is cover for their real gripe.

They are desperate to find ways to make more money off of providing a connection to the Internet.

clarknova156

join:2011-06-04
Poughkeepsie, NY
reply to 88615298

And your missing the point. Its an entirely 100 percent fiber network with the near endless ability to expand for more bandwidth. His activity or bonding two dedicated lines has ZERO effect on his neighborhood as he can download at full speed 24/7/365 and it simply won't effect anyone , show me one cable network that isn't overloaded and poorly managed and I'll be willing to hear more. This isn't some DOCSIS 3.0 limited overburdened cable network or some highly crowded DSL copper line. This network was built to easily supply such demand and its the model network around the country. Unless you happen to have community laid and paid for fiber , FiOS is simply the best you can get (until Google starts offering 1Gbps)

Next time try a little harder in your poorly stated opinion.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

you drank so much verizon koolaid it's dripping out of your ears.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]