Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9
reply to swintec

Re: SB6141?!??!

The SB6141 is too new to find enough feedback on. I've tried to research it with little hits. I'm hoping it follows suit with the success of the SB6121. Whereas the SB6120 & SB6121 appear similar, the 6120 uses the Ti chipset & the 6121 use the Broadcom. Very reminiscent of how many issues the SB5120 using a TI chipset had compared to the SB5100 & SB5101 which were solid performers using a Broadcom chipset.
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 recommendation

said by Johkal:

The SB6141 is too new to find enough feedback on. I've tried to research it with little hits. I'm hoping it follows suit with the success of the SB6121. Whereas the SB6120 & SB6121 appear similar, the 6120 uses the Ti chipset & the 6121 use the Broadcom. Very reminiscent of how many issues the SB5120 using a TI chipset had compared to the SB5100 & SB5101 which were solid performers using a Broadcom chipset.

I ordered one, will see what i can do with it. Short of opening it up is there a way I can tell and let you know what chipset it uses?
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

just1techy

@rr.com

just ordered one myself, after seeing its an approved model for RoadRunner here in Texas. i'll do my best to come back here and report back any speed changes compared to the SB5120 i'm currently using (currently fluctuating between 4 to 14Mbps w/the "turbo" $9.99 added pkg)

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 recommendation

said by just1techy :

just ordered one myself, after seeing its an approved model for RoadRunner here in Texas. i'll do my best to come back here and report back any speed changes compared to the SB5120 i'm currently using (currently fluctuating between 4 to 14Mbps w/the "turbo" $9.99 added pkg)

Not sure you will see much difference unless you have channel bonding active in your area.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts