Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bodop
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Aylmer, QC
reply to Distributel_

Re: Which is better right now? Distributel or TekSavvy?

Hey Distributel_ can you explain this?

said by bodop See Profile
I ordered Distributel in Quebec (Videotron) Cable 15/1.5. Confirmed during initial sign up that the DCM475 would be the modem I was sent - has 8 downstream channels. They sent the Motorola SB6120 with 4 downstream channels. Great modem but out of production for a year and my main beef is 4 downstream channels instead of 8 for the approx. 5$ a month rental fee.

Here's where it gets interesting - Well other than you can not believe Distributel when they tell you something when you sign up!
I call to let them know what they did.

They, after transferring me twice and putting me on hold three times, tell me Videotron will Not let them send out the DCM475 for initial activation but if I wish to Buy a modem I will be sent the DCM475 which will work on Videotron but can not be used for initial activation!

This just sounds like total BS to me as it makes No sense at all!

Not a good start for Distributel with me and I don't even have it hooked up yet!

Thinking I may have made a Big mistake in going with Distributel as they certainly appear to be full of $hit!
[/bquote :

Distributel_

join:2012-03-21
Ottawa, ON
Hi bodop,

I am currently dealing with a similar situation in another thread with regards to Thomson v. Motorola for Videotron TPIA territories.
Some carries are very strict as to which models they'll allow on the network and I believe we are limited to the Motorola DOCSIS3 in Quebec. The agents have a list of which modem goes with which carrier and I would need to see who said what and when. Send your info my way at feedback@distributel.ca or via DM. Please reference this post

Meanwhile, I'll update the thread once I have further information.

- Dano
--
Daniel Brisson
Distributel Communications Limited.
Customer Relations Administrator
feedback@distributel.ca

bodop
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Aylmer, QC
said by Distributel_:

Hi bodop,

I am currently dealing with a similar situation in another thread with regards to Thomson v. Motorola for Videotron TPIA territories.
Some carries are very strict as to which models they'll allow on the network and I believe we are limited to the Motorola DOCSIS3 in Quebec. The agents have a list of which modem goes with which carrier and I would need to see who said what and when. Send your info my way at feedback@distributel.ca or via DM. Please reference this post

Meanwhile, I'll update the thread once I have further information.

- Dano

Email with details sent last night to feedback@distributel.ca

Looking forward to Your/Distributel's response.