uniqs
share rss forum feed

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to Calmuser

Re: Is Bell really this hurting for more money? (paper bill fee)

The only fair thing for Bell to do is to credit people on eBilling $2.00/month instead of charging people on paper (a service they've always had) $2.00/month extra.

But when has Bell ever been about doing the right thing?
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Night Owl

join:2008-10-23
London, ON

1 recommendation

said by HeadSpinning:

The only fair thing for Bell to do is to credit people on eBilling $2.00/month instead of charging people on paper (a service they've always had) $2.00/month extra.

Totally agree with this. How do they come up with the magical $2.00 amount. Primus credits you $0.50 if you do e-billing.

What happens to those people who do not happen to own, have access to or may not even know how to use a computer?

My father is one of those people; at 84 he prefers the old fashioned way of doing things as I think most of his generation do. So now he needs to pay for the privilege of finding out how much Bell will be extorting from him every month.

If Bell wants to cut costs they should stop sending out those totally useless mailings to former customers who willing left their company for basically these types of shenanigans.
--
What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away. - Anonymous

vintagewino

join:2003-07-22
Grimsby, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit

1 recommendation

Indeed, how DO they come up with this $2 charge?

The interesting part, many businesses are going or have gone to this $2 charge to send a paper invoice.

Postage = 61 cents
Envelope = 10 cents
3 sheets of paper w/printing both sides = 30 cents.
Collating paperwork into envelopes = 29 cents
Raping & Gouging the customer = 60 cents. (aka profit)

All these prices are on the onsie-twosie quantities we are used to doing things at home.

More reasonable prices paid due to bulk (10,000 units/mailing):
38 cents Addressed Admail (source: Canada Post)
2 cents / envelope
8 cents / 3 sheet invoice w/printing
15 cents collating & envelope stuffing
$1.37 to Rape and Gouge the customer (aka profit)

Gets even more lucrative after that

As NightOwl noted, Primus credits you 50 cents off your bill for going paperless, which you can be well assured, they keep some back for profit, as well. That tends to support my estimates in the bulk cost breakdown.

Any company, no matter what size, charging a customer $2 for a lousy paper invoice is strictly raping their customer - - - BECAUSE THEY CAN!!

Going "green" - they don't give a rat's fuzzy behind about the environment. The "green" is strictly for the greedy profit margin.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

Of course, they never lose the opportunity to insert advertising bill stuffers in the envelope.

Once they start charging for paper bills, they should be prohibited from inserting advertising.
--

balur

join:2010-04-28
kudos:1
reply to HeadSpinning

said by HeadSpinning:

You realize of course if they did that theyd just raise all prices by $2

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

said by balur:

You realize of course if they did that theyd just raise all prices by $2

What makes you think they won't do that regardless of their paper billing charges?
--

icemasta

@teksavvy.com
reply to HeadSpinning

said by HeadSpinning:

Of course, they never lose the opportunity to insert advertising bill stuffers in the envelope.

Once they start charging for paper bills, they should be prohibited from inserting advertising.

This + infinity.

Maybe Bell should pay me for the work to pick the excessive Bell junk mail and throw them in the recycling.

I guess my issue that our current rates already factored in the cost of paper billing and to now pay the same amount yet "receive" less is 100% gouging and keeping money in their pockets. Give us a credit for going paperless.

RickStep
Premium
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON
kudos:1
reply to HeadSpinning

said by HeadSpinning:

I have NEVER seen advertising in a Bell bill or a Cogeco bill.

Horizon Utilities (formally) Hamilton Hydro & Union Gas & Reliance Home Comfort (formally Union Energy) always add inserts, BUT, I don't recall advertising.

The inserts are usually about approved rate changes, mostly up some down (usually Union Gas) energy saving tips, warnings about the miscreants that show up at the door, lying about the new water heater regulations.

What did I miss.

Rick

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by RickStep:

said by HeadSpinning:

I have NEVER seen advertising in a Bell bill or a Cogeco bill.

Horizon Utilities (formally) Hamilton Hydro & Union Gas & Reliance Home Comfort (formally Union Energy) always add inserts, BUT, I don't recall advertising.

The inserts are usually about approved rate changes, mostly up some down (usually Union Gas) energy saving tips, warnings about the miscreants that show up at the door, lying about the new water heater regulations.

What did I miss.

Rick

missed the scratch and sniff this is what gas smells like

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON
reply to vintagewino

The bill cannot be considered admail, addressed or not.

lawrenson

join:2012-02-22
reply to vintagewino

said by vintagewino:

As NightOwl noted, Primus credits you 50 cents off your bill for going paperless, which you can be well assured, they keep some back for profit, as well. That tends to support my estimates in the bulk cost breakdown.

Primus makes monthly contributions to Evergreen and any profit they make probably helps to go towards that.

If Bell started making large donations to a similar charity instead of just pocketing all of the profit, I'd support the idea a little more, even if $2 is a little excessive.